Long-lost friends and family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Have any of you used the internet to re-connect with people you haven't seen in ages? A number of years ago, my husband used the internet to find his favorite cousin -- one he hadn't seen in 30 years. I went one step further last year and discovered a friend I hadn't seen in over 40 years. In both cases the connection was a huge success; we've spent time with both my friend and her husband, and his cousin and his wife. Have you done this? How did it turn out?

I had great success just with facebook. I moved from NJ 38 years ago and reconnected with 13 friends from the old neighborhood. They're spread out all over the U.S. But one entire family that lived across the street from me has been living 30 minutes from where I am now for the last 20 years. Got together with one of those family members 2 weeks ago and it was great talking about old times and catching up.

I'm glad for all of you, but I'm a little spooked with places like facebook. There's some people from my past I'd never want to see or hear from again:wacko:
I got the biggest kick out of Betty White on SNL recently when they were talking about this subject, and she said to get in contact with her old friends she'd need a Ouija Board.
:ROFLMAO:

...hahahahahaha. I missed that. I'll have to check it out on youtube...i'll bet it's there. Betty White's a legend...wonder what it must be like to be loved by absolutely EVERYone....not that I'm not loveable mind you :winkiss:

I do have to say that facebook sort of scares me. I found my friend through an Air Force Academy web site, husband found his cousin through an architectural web site. I am on face book now, with the absolute minimum they allow for information, but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

I mainly have distant cousins I have never heard of contact me from my postings on Ancestry.com and RootsWeb. Just last week I had a query from a grandaughter of my fathers' cousin. I knew of her grandmother from my fathers' stories. I was able to send her photos of her grandmother and our mutual great great grandparents. I receive a query about once a month from a distant relative. It's pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom