Looking for Artwork Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gulab jamun

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

My wife and I just moved out my parents house and into an apartment. This is our first time not living with the 'rents. :cool:

We decided to go with an orange/cream/white/brown color scheme for our place. We bought a dark brown wooden dining table/chairs, cream colored tablecloth, and mature orange tablecloths. We also picked up a wooden orange bowl from HomeGoods and put some pinecones and potpourri inside. It turned out really well! :)

Eventually we plan to buy a light-colored sofa. I want to put a somewhat dark orange toss pillow at each end, and then a brighter orange cylindrical toss pillow in the center.

Anywho, I also want to make an art piece to put on the wall. (I used to do some art work as a kid, but I'm not sure if I still got it in me.) I'm thinking of getting a canvas and painting cherry blossoms in orange paint. I was also considering setting up squares on a canvas, and painting some orange, some white, and some mixed orange/white paint. Another crazy idea was to do something more 3-dimensional, like getting blocks or orange-colored glass and pasting these onto a board.

Any other ideas you want to throw out there? It should be something not too difficult. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I would consider our style to be modern, not traditional (but at the same time not ultra modern).

i would do artist canvas covered with fabric. lots of lovely fabric out there. use smaller canvases and couple different fabrics. then arrange on the wall to form what ever you like. gluing fabric to canvas makes it very simple to do.

the rest sounds very cool.

and maybe bring in a contrasting color for "punch," like green

Thanks. The fabric on canvas idea sounds great. Simple and cool, and got the wife's approval. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom