Looking for plain white cotton shorts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjcotton

Senior Cook
Can you please help me find some plain white cotton shorts with elastic waist band AND a drawstring, and front [side] pockets? 6" inseam. Our usual supplier no longer carries them and I need some new ones for my New Zealand trip...pretty please..oh yeah, the only kind I can find are those with the huge baggie legs, I don't want those.

I tried the socker place and Umbro, but, but...I don't want to buy the company, I just want 3 or 4 pairs :( . We used to get them from a wholesale clothing company for about $2+ per pair, then we'd tie dye them and sell them...all they have now are baggie ones that hang down below my knees. I'm so short that a pair with a 6" inseam comes to just above my knees :huh:

$2 per pair are you kidding? Your going to buy these shorts and sell them? You said you wanted them for your trip to New Zealand :rolleyes: Wow, Im thinking your an ebay person? I actually took time to search for shorts for you :wacko: Your represented yourself as what seemed like a vacationing man that was in need of shorts for your trip and had run out of them. :angel:

Billy, everyone wears those long shorts in NZ and have done for ages. Even shorties like my hubby!! ( he's gonna kill me for that ! ) And, he looks so cute in them, very Dennis the Menace like!! lolol
The only people we see wearing shorts above the knee are the English and they usually pair them with sandals AND knee high socks. :(
We are a very very casual and laidback country and many guys wear board type shorts all year!!!
Dont fret about ya trews, wait until you get here then buy some of ours!! You'll see, and you will look GREAT in board shorts.

Trust me.:rolleyes:

:) :) :)

No Amber, those shorts are for me. We USED to carry them, that's where I got the ones I wear now, but the hems are worn through, the elastic is all stretched out and I'm getting holes in them...they are about 8 or 9 years old and oh so comfortable now, but they really need replacing.

bjcotton said:
Can you please help me find some plain white cotton shorts with elastic waist band AND a drawstring, and front [side] pockets? 6" inseam. Our usual supplier no longer carries them and I need some new ones for my New Zealand trip...pretty please..oh yeah, the only kind I can find are those with the huge baggie legs, I don't want those.

E-BAY! :)

P.S. I like Banana Republic. Maybe the shorts come in white?

Have you tried Land's End or Travelsmith? Sometimes Victoria's Secret has pretty good selection of resort clothes, too. That's where I got my things for our trip to Key West.

I don't have any...

but I do have a few thongs with pink rosebuds on the waistband.

Barring that, why not go commando???

VeraBlue said:
I don't have any...

but I do have a few thongs with pink rosebuds on the waistband.

Barring that, why not go commando???

I believe we're talkong outerwear, not underwear. Going commando might cause you some legal problems.

BJ, you might check some sites for tennis shorts. Tennis wear is so informal now that they may have just what you're looking for.

But I'd probably take my old ones and try to buy new ones there.

I don't know the stores in Oregon but I can't believe that the Department Stores don't carry what you like. Those shorts don't seem hard to find and I wish I had an answer for you. Good Luck!

Have you tried al the men's stores as well.

Back
Top Bottom