Looks Like We Finally Have Names for the Kitties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
After discovering that "Elsa" was really a boy, we have been waiting for the right names for our kittens. Today they kept holding their big baseball mitts up, so I thought maybe a baseball theme. I decided we should go with the Padres and the Cubs (obviously). I chose the Padre player whose name would be bestowed upon the former "Elsa." His name is now Tony Gwynn (Tony for short, of course). James got to choose the Cubs player. He was torn between Ernie Banks, Sammy Sosa, and Carlos Zambrano. The kitty was sitting next to me, so I looked at him and said (with a pause between, and saying them all the same), "Ernie. Sammy. Carlos." I did this 3 times, and each time he did nothing for Ernie or Sammy, but when I said Carlos his ear twitched. So James decided his name will be Carlos Zambrano (Carlos for short). So our kitties are now Tony and Carlos. Not typical kitty names, but with those baseball mitt paws of theirs, those names fit!

:)Barbara

haha, thats cool names. i have always wanted to name my animals after people names like lisa or lacy or ryan or adam, but we went with peaches and cream instead because they were white with orange strips on them.

That's cute too! I always let my cats name themselves. LOL

I had one cat who was Theodore because when he looked up out of the box at me, his eyes looked just like Beaver Cleaver's! (Leave it to Beaver). My mom had a cute name for little kids when they were whining and crying--Pitiful Pete and Pitiful Pearl. Well, we had a cat a few years ago (great, great... grandma to these) who had this pitiful cry. Her name was Pitiful Pearl (Pearl for short). Her daughter looked like she had sunglasses on, so I said she looked all Hollywood--the name Annette Funicello came to mind (Beach Blanket Bingo, etc.), so that kitty was Annette (she is the one in my avatar). James named Mr. Frodo (Lord of the Rings), and he started calling our calico Scarlett. I didn't like just plain Scarlett for her, so her name is Scarlett O'Hairy (take off on Gone with the Wind, obviously!). I love how my mom's cat George got his name. If you haven't ever seen this one cartoon you won't get it, but when she wanted this kitty my dad asked her, "What are you going to do with a cat?" My mom said (like in the cartoon), "I will love him, and pet him, and give him security like a mother hen, and I will name him George!" My dad couldn't say no to that!

That's cute too! I always let my cats name themselves. LOL

I had one cat who was Theodore because when he looked up out of the box at me, his eyes looked just like Beaver Cleaver's! (Leave it to Beaver). My mom had a cute name for little kids when they were whining and crying--Pitiful Pete and Pitiful Pearl. Well, we had a cat a few years ago (great, great... grandma to these) who had this pitiful cry. Her name was Pitiful Pearl (Pearl for short). Her daughter looked like she had sunglasses on, so I said she looked all Hollywood--the name Annette Funicello came to mind (Beach Blanket Bingo, etc.), so that kitty was Annette (she is the one in my avatar). James named Mr. Frodo (Lord of the Rings), and he started calling our calico Scarlett. I didn't like just plain Scarlett for her, so her name is Scarlett O'Hairy (take off on Gone with the Wind, obviously!). I love how my mom's cat George got his name. If you haven't ever seen this one cartoon you won't get it, but when she wanted this kitty my dad asked her, "What are you going to do with a cat?" My mom said (like in the cartoon), "I will love him, and pet him, and give him security like a mother hen, and I will name him George!" My dad couldn't say no to that!

lol cool. we nicknamed a guy here at work Hollywood because he looks like he is form there. so we call him hollywood.

which cartoon has a character named George in it?

which cartoon has a character named George in it?
It was part of the old Saturday morning Looney Tunes cartoons. There was no character named George, but the Abominable Snowman called everyone George (Read his part with a really dopey voice, lol):

Daffy: Alright, what's holdin' up the works. What's all the... the... huh.
[sees Abominable Snowman]
Daffy: Aaahh!
Abominable Snowman: D'oh! What a cute little pink bunny rabbit.
[picks up Daffy]
Abominable Snowman: Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit! I will name him George, and I will hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him.
Daffy: I'm not a bunny rabbit.
Abominable Snowman: And pat him, and pet him, and...
Daffy: You're hurting me... put me down, please.
Abominable Snowman: And rub him, and caress him, and...
Daffy: I AIN'T NO BUNNY RABBIT!
Abominable Snowman: Not a bunny rabbit, George? Then how come you have long ears, how come?
Daffy: Long ears? Ooh!
[laughs]
Daffy: Those aren't ears, those are sleeves! So, now put me down, please, huh?
Abominable Snowman: Oh George... you were naughty to pretend you was a bunny rabbit. I will punish you good. Bad old George!

Daffy: Oh Bugsy! Bugsy buddy!
Bugs Bunny: Oh hi, uh, what's up, Duck?
Daffy: Come here old pal, hm?
Abominable Snowman: [picks up Bugs Bunny] My OWN little bunny rabbit, d'oy.
Bugs Bunny: Hey! An abominabuble snowman!
Abominable Snowman: I will name him George, and I will hug him, and pet him...
Daffy: Oh sure, I know I'm a louse, but I'm a live louse.
Abominable Snowman: And I will give him security! And I will keep him warm like a mother hen, so he will never feel rejected or lack for love.
Daffy: Poor old Bugs. But, anyway you look at it, it's better HE should suffer. After all, it was me or him, and obviously it couldn't be me. It's a simple matter of logic. I'm not like other people, I can't stand pain, it hurts me.

Bugs Bunny: Ok Abom, here's your bunny rabbit.
Abominable Snowman: D'oya... bunny rabbit... George?
Daffy: Bunny rabbit, me?
Bugs Bunny: Yes, you, Doc.
Daffy: Ho ho, very funny, ha ha, very droll. Hey shorty! What do you consider to be the distinguishing characteristics of a rabbit?
Abominable Snowman: D'oy... distinguishing... character...
Daffy: Yeah yeah, what makes a rabbit look like a rabbit?
Abominable Snowman: Why d'uh, d'uh, long ears!
Daffy: And whom around here has long ears?
[to Bugs Bunny]
Daffy: Sorry to hafta do this to ya, Bud.
Bugs Bunny: [ties ears down around face] Eh, don't give it a second thought.
Abominable Snowman: [picks up Daffy] Oh boy! Just what I always wanted! My own little bunny rabbit! I will...
Bugs Bunny: They really do make a charming couple.
Abominable Snowman: ...and pet him, and squeeze him, and rub him, and stroke his bill, and rub his pretty feathers... hey, wait a minute. Bunny rabbits don't have feathers and bills.
Daffy: I know, I know.
[pointing at Bugs Bunny, who is tunneling away]
Daffy: There's goes your bunny rabbit!
Abominable Snowman: Hey, uh, George! Wait!
[tunnels after Bugs Bunny]

I didn't remember him as an abominable snowman (it has been years). I just remembered him as a big dopey bear type character. I think he might have actually been inspired by the book Of Mice and Men.

P.S. That reminds me--Who says you can't get culture in cartoons? Have you ever noticed how much opera is played in Looney Tunes cartoons? :cool:

Oh Barabara I love Looney Tunes and I remember that so well !!!!!! Even though Billy's 11 we'll grab him and pet his head a hug him and call him George. It drives him nuts !!!!!

Thanks middie! It has been so long since I have seen him that I forgot what he looked like. I can still hear his voice in my head though. (Not all the time, thank goodness! LOL).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom