Looks like we'll be moving soon....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Well we completed the home inspection Sunday. I called the sellers today and told them of our findings......did a little more negotiating and they accepted. We told them we want to have it all wrapped up on Feb. 1st or before but no later. So the next step is for them to get ahold of the title company....they'll be handling all the closing. We have to go to the bank and get the financing lined up....that won't be a problem.
The first thing we'll do once the keys are in our hands is gutting the kitchen........I can't wait. I've waited for so long to have a kitchen I've always wanted.
I'm really nervous though.......don't know if its nerves but my guts telling me we shouldn't go through with this but DH is really wanting it. And he's the type that when he sets his mind to something he really doesn't care about other peoples opinions. So needless to say if something happens in the future I'll definetely be saying, "I told you so" :-p :) .

you'll be fine sizz. good luck, both with the move and with the new kitchen.
it isn't that your hubby doesn't care, but his provider instincts have taken over, and he's doing what he thinks is best for your family, i'm sure.

Most of our family has moved or is moving shortly. Our son and dil bought their house and moved their family in. Our daughter and sil should be able to move into their new home supposedly after the first of the year, and we are going to deed our grandaughter a portion of our property enough for her house and nice yard. She hasn't decided on the type of house, but is looking at some of the modular homes. It will be nice to have them near us but not in the same house with us. They lived with us for almost 3 years. I enjoyed that, but it was lots of work keeping my great grandson and going back and forth taking him to preschool. It certainly helped to form a bond with him. I would enjoy having a new house with less upkeep, but I suppose we will be here until we can no longer take care of the place and ourselves. We've lived here over 35 years and our kids don't remember another home before.

Congrats Sizz! I know how long you've patiently waited to find a new home and be settled for good. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you!

Thanks everyone! I'm excited one minute ....then freaked out the next. Guess I've just become accustomed to this renting life and don't have to worry about anything other than writing out that rent check. If something breaks call 1-800-Landlord :) . But we're just wasting our money so I guess its time to move on. I just really didn't want another fixer upper. Granted I love the outcome of the last 2 homes we redone but I just wanted something we only had to do minimal work on.....like paint and carpet. Oh well.....I'll get through it. Thanks again everyone for your support. I may be doing a lot of venting in the next few years :LOL:

A really good thing is that you can get it exactly the way you want, whether it is re-doing, knocking out, or adding to. We have redone every inch of our house and added as much as we can to all sides.

That's great Sizz! I'm happy that you are finally getting your home. Don't worry too much, everything will come together.

Thanks everyone. Our realtor that sold our house for us called me today.........we'd been calling her off and on to see if she had any new listings coming up. Well of course she finally did but after we already put a bid on this one. Oh well. I didn't even bother asking where it was.....don't need to know in case I really would of rather had it. So its better not to know. It'll all work out.

Back
Top Bottom