Lost dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:( I need some good thoughts. DH took two of our dogs for a ride on the ranch as they have not gone riding for at least 3 weeks because of bad weather. Well he lost them and they took off because he was not watching them. He has tracked them on a snow covered road trying to find them. They must of went temporary feral after not getting to ride for so long. Please send good thoughts to their safe coming home. He left a his tshirt with his scent and some jerky in case they go back to where they split its worked before a few years ago.

:( One is a boxer mix and she is the little bxtch the other is a German Sheppard and he follows her, he is the more behaved dog. But DH did not keep his eye on them and I'm really mad at him right now and he knows it. He just called and has not found them yet after searching for three hours so he is coming home. I hope they will be safe tonight.:(:(

Think positive..they will come home.
Was he on a horse or in a truck??

:neutral: He was in a truck which they ride in all the time in the back with no problems but I think they had cabin fever soo bad they went a little crazy. We have a big fenced back yard but they just have not had the chance to run for a while because of really bad weather .

"If you love a thing, let it loose. If it comes back to you, it is yours. If it doesn't, it never was."

Your dogs will be home. Just give them a chance to run for a while. That is their nature.

Awwwww, jp, you will find them.

I'm sorry for the anguish that all four of you are going through tonight, but you will find them!

Lee

Oh man, I hope he finds them today. They probably went sight seeing and will be somewhere easy to find just waiting for him to come pick them up and wonder why it took him so long. LOL

I'm such a big time dog lover and it hurts to read about this. I do pray that they find their way home soon or DH finds them. Dogs are such wonderful companions in our lives! Please keep us posted!!!!

Oh JP, this is terrible! I know you and the hubby must be frantic. I'll be thinking about you and your babies and wishing them home. (My cat was missing for 4 days in downtown San Antonio and he made it back home so don't give up hope yet.)

I'm sorry jp. Dh lost our dog 2 years ago. It was away from home and He was distracted and I think she took off after a deer. He spent all night looking for her. The next day we went back and were putting up flyers everywhere. Meanwhile there was a guy named Mark putting up signs that he had found a german shepard (she didn't have her collar on). He saw our flyers and we got her back. Turns out he picked her up about 10 minutes after she ran off.

I read about this dog in the newspaper yesterday. She was out hiking with her owner and got swept up in a small avalanche. She was out in the wilderness for a week and eventually showed up at someone's house.

I hope your dogs come back to you safely jp!

I pray your dogs come home soon. I lost one dog when he broke loose and took off (we think someone might have picked him up and kept him). Sometimes late at night I will let Cubbie go out on his own and I go nuts if he is gone too long. I know he doesn't go far, but I still worry. I hope James gets a good job as soon as his training is over and we can fence our yard.

Hopefully you will have good news for us soon.

:(Barbara

JP, I'm sorry to hear about your dogs. Growing up, my dogs always took off, they always came back. They'll be OK try not to worry.

Sick

I feel so sick. Just read this post after asking your opinion regarding my problem with puppies. I am sorry. I pray that the dogs will return. Are there coyotes? We have them around here as the open area around Grant's Farm. Had some stalking me and I thought they were dogs but some woman said they were coyotes. Oh please let me know when they come home. Why did he forget about them? How could he forget them? See? That is when I am thankful I don't have a man around. If they do something like this it just is not fair. I could not sleep. Only hoping they are hungry and cold and will smell their way home. How far away did they go? Is it snowing there? Or rain? They sound like good size dogs but anything can happen. Just hurting themselves is too much. Don't you have some kind of bell that you could ring to let them know you want them to come home? If i lived close I surely would come with a flashlight and start looking. There aren't caves or waterfalls around? I don't even know where you live but if you have open area could be snakes. I am going crazy with what could happen. I am sure they will show up. they better. I am saying special prayer as God knows how much these friends mean to you. Please don't forget to let us know.

Back
Top Bottom