Lost in the Shuffle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO and I got our flu shots today.

Yesterday evening, I made appointments for the two of us in a matter of minutes online and had my choice of appointment times. This morning we walked into CVS and got our shots in a matter of minutes.

In the midst of all the hubbub over COVID-19 it's easy to forget there's still the flu to deal with.

You can make appointments at a lot of different places with a minimum of fuss.

We will be starting Flu shots in October.

Still looking at the back and forth over who's getting the Covid Booster.

Funny, DH & I were just chatting during our evening private time about just this (I should mention this in my Adventures With Mom thread).
I contacted our PCP's and they said to just go to CVS or the like, that they will not be caring the Flu Shots this year :huh::(:ermm::ohmy:

The thing with that is that our Medical Insurance (BC/BS of Hawaii) will not pay for vaccines given at a pharmacy. It needs to be from an approved Medical Facility, period, at least here on the Mainland (aka Continental USA) that is. Back home in Hawaii, yes, we could go to the CVS and so on, because they all participate with our insurance company.

Catch 22!

Funny, DH & I were just chatting during our evening private time about just this (I should mention this in my Adventures With Mom thread).
I contacted our PCP's and they said to just go to CVS or the like, that they will not be caring the Flu Shots this year :huh::(:ermm::ohmy:

The thing with that is that our Medical Insurance (BC/BS of Hawaii) will not pay for vaccines given at a pharmacy. It needs to be from an approved Medical Facility, period, at least here on the Mainland (aka Continental USA) that is. Back home in Hawaii, yes, we could go to the CVS and so on, because they all participate with our insurance company.

Catch 22!

Maybe you could get a shot at an urgent care center.

Are there any walk in clinics? I don't even know if that's a thing where you live. We have them here. You might have to wait a while, but it's definitely a medical facility.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom