Luca?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please give both brothers our best wishes for a speedy recovery, Charlie. Obviously, they've been missed here on DC. And poor Harry, eeks, another surgery.

luca has been on a motivational speaking tour across italy, therefore his hands have been busy...

(he's italian? they talk with their hands. get it?) :cool:

i hope you're well, luca, and we see you here soon.

Thanks for letting us know Tom :)

Charlie, if you could also pass on my best wishes to Harry and Bolas too please, much appreciated :)

No not sure why him and Bolas are checking in and looking at the site but not contributing . Can't think why you would do that on any site really .
It is called lurking. DC has a lot more members who lurk than those who post. I lurk on several forums/list servs. I'm only active on those where I have to use my real name if posts can only be viewed by members.

I know but they weren't lurkers so that's why I questioned it, they were active members and are still checking in . I don't choose to lurk on sites, if something's not interesting me then I wouldn't stay.

I sincerely hope Harry and Bolas do join in again and I am thinking of them both.

"Lurking"--what an ugly term--sounds like a spy or a peeping tom. how about 'looking in on' or 'stopping by' or simply seeing 'what's up at dc' when you can't, or don't wish to stay for a chat. :)

hello luca, bolas and harry! we love you, want you back, and promise not to molest you with a peppering of annoying questions. deal? (hope you are all healthy and eating well) :)

Last edited:
Luca was here this morning. I lurk on a few websites, nothing wrong with it! (at least I haven't been arrested so far....)

Last edited:
thank you for the update on bolas, charlie. i hope he's doing well, as is harry. i'm going to try to catch them the next time they pop their heads in at 4 or 5am est to get them posting again.

as far as lurkers go, i take it one step further. i lurk upon the lurkers, or do what i call "lurker surfing". when i get bored in the middle of the night and there's no new replies from members to read, or no members are even logged in, i look to see what the lurkers are looking at and check it out. i often get to read threads that i'd missed, or a good recipe, or something really great that someone said, and so on. lurker surfing is fun and informative and can help dredge up good, albeit old threads! :)

getting back to luca: kylie, my sense of humour doesn't always translate from what i see in my brain. i was only joking about luca. italians are known to talk as much with their hands as with their mouths, so their hands would be too busy to type anything. :rolleyes:

luca, come back to us soon! otherwise <<brushing fingertips out from under chin>>, va fa a napoli <<biting knuckle>>.

:cool:

charlie, click under "quick links" on the upper right just under your name and private messages link, when it drops down you see the tab for "who's online".

click on it and it will show you who is logged in, and who (listed as guests) are lurking, and what they are looking at. if you want, you can click on what they are looking at if it seems interesting. so you are lurking upon the lurkers, or lurker surfing.

Back
Top Bottom