Mad Men!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
Anyone watch the show? It's my favorite TV show. Saw the Season Finale last night, & felt a little disappointed. What did you think?

Last edited:
I hadn't been watching Mad Men, but my dear DIL loves the show and is trying to get me hooked on it. So yesterday I got the Netflix disc with the first 3 shows on it and watched two of them last night; will do the third tonight. It's good, but I'm not in the hooked category quite yet. Did you like it immediately or was it one of those that grows on you after several weeks? So far I don't find the characters very likeable, but maybe a good story line will overcome that when I've watched a few more.

MM is one of my fave TV shows. Watched it since the beginning; and even waited for the new season after a long hiatis/writers' strike. It has won multiple awards, & one of the few TV shows I find worthwhile. Guess you would have to be an avid follower to understand or appreciate the characters & plotline. The show takes you on a journey through time from about the 60s, & the attention to detail (News footage etc.) from the era is spot on. Sorry I didn't get to see more of Betty & Peggy. Wonder if they are leaving the show. Don & Roger's womanizing, has gotten a little stale; and I was surprised (somewhat) to have seen Joan compromise her morals/standards. Still, looking forward to next season.

I've watched everything they have on Netflix and am eagerly awaiting more.

I love the storyline, but I am fascinated by the attention to detail on the sets.

I've watched everything they have on Netflix and am eagerly awaiting more.

I love the storyline, but I am fascinated by the attention to detail on the sets.

Same here, bakechef. Especially the Kennedy assasionation news footage, racism & drugs. What more could you ask for in a drama?!? lol

The final scene of the finale was surreal.. Don leaves Megan's set, walks directly into a bar, & is asked "Are you alone?" while we hear James Bond's "You Only Live Twice." What will he say? Brilliant!!!

"You only live twice, or so it seems: one life for yourself and one for your dreams. You drift through the years and life seems tame, till one dream appears and love is its name."

Nancy Sinatra - You Only Live Twice - YouTube

Last edited:
Same here, bakechef. Especially the Kennedy assasionation news footage, racism & drugs. What more could you ask for in a drama?!? lol

The final scene of the finale was surreal.. Don leaves Megan's set, walks directly into a bar, & is asked "Are you alone?" while we hear James Bond's "You Only Live Twice." What will he say? Brilliant!!!

"You only live twice, or so it seems: one life for yourself and one for your dreams. You drift through the years and life seems tame, till one dream appears and love is its name."

Nancy Sinatra - You Only Live Twice - YouTube

I averted my eyes and resisted the urge to read this post from you, Cerise. Just last night I watched what I guess was episode #5 and feel the quicksand pulling me in -- don't want to spoil it for myself by knowing what happens downstream. I do see what people have been talking about re this series. I'm old enough to have been there (although certainly not in NYC) and it's actually a bit uncomfortable looking back at some of the foolishness that went on, and the current events are just as hard to look at now as they were then.

I'm a huge fan of Mad Men! It's probably my favourite show on TV alongside The Walking Dead. AMC have really arrived among the best American TV companies (Breaking Bad is also a superb drama!)

Though it appears well done, I've never been able to sit through an entire episode of Mad Men. The look and feel just reminds me too much of an old sixties movie. Never cared much for those, either (unless it had Peter Sellers in it).

My wife loves it, though.

Back
Top Bottom