Man down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
Do you guys ever remember me talking about my brother in law who is a BMX bike rider. Well last week he had a critical accident. He is in a coma with brain stem damage, a shatered eye socket, shattered nose, broken jaw and a few other breaks. He was trying a 360 off a jump and face planted.

ksl.com - BMX Air Gold Medal winner and SLC native critically injured

Here is the article on it. Good news is he will make it and he will not be paralized. He can move his fingers and toes. So wish em luck my friends.

WOW! That's awful. He and you are in our thoughts. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

Im trying to keep people updated on him because he has a ton of fans. I posted in here to let people know how he is doing. When doctors asked him to hold up two fingers he did. I personally think he will be fine BUT i dont think he will ride professionally again.

Oh my gosh Matt, that is horrible. I am praying for Mike and the family, and I hope they raise all the money they need for his medical bills. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Barbara

...When doctors asked him to hold up two fingers he did. I personally think he will be fine BUT i dont think he will ride professionally again.
That is good to hear. It may be by baby-steps, but progress is progress.

Barbara

thanx. Even though its been a couple of years since i have seen him, it still bites. I feel bad for his wife and little son. But he will be fine. Just gonna be baby steps as barb put it.

Wow, I wish him and your family a lot more than luck. Give him our best.

He will come out of it. Just dont know when. i was kinda hoping that when the doctors asked him to show two fingers, he would flip them off. So if there are any BMX fans on the DC forums, let all your BMX buddies know the update.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom