Man sues McDonald’s for $1.5 million over napkin incident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least the hot coffee lawsuit had some merit.

This lawsuit is for more money for something less dangerous, but for something ooooohhhhh so important... NAPKINS!!

Can this go all the way?!?!?!? I say no though...

I have gone into fast food places where they have forgotten to give ANY napkins, but they are always on the service counter with the straws and condiments.

This is so stupid it probably will go through or McD's will settle for some lesser amount.

Carl's Jr. is the only fast food place I know of that gives you napkins with an in-store to go order. All the rest expect you to locate and pack up your own.

There was a McDonalds near a place where I once worked that would give you one napkin per sandwich. You could order 12 servings of fries, several apple pies, and a whole tray of drinks, but unless you ordered more than one sandwich, you did not get more than one napkin.

I was just wondering. Do you think we could make this a class action suit? The lawyers will get 7 million bucks and each plaintiff will get a gift certificate for a quarter pounder, with cheese. No fries, and no drink, but two napkins!

Oh fer Pete's sake. This is beyond stupid, unless he gets a settlement. Maybe he'll choke on a french fry.

There has to be more to the story. If not, why don't these kinds of lawsuits come up when I'm stuck on jury duty? There's always something disgusting and sickening to decide when I get stuck in the jury box.

I remember the times when they used to throw a handful of napkins, sugars, and cream into the bag with a single cup of coffee ordered. I never told them I took my coffee black, no cream, no sugar. If I did it would have slowed the order for them to process.

Oh fer Pete's sake. This is beyond stupid, unless he gets a settlement. Maybe he'll choke on a french fry.

It's stupid IF he gets a settlement.

McDonalds will never settle this. If they did they would be flooded with frivolous suits.

It's an easy win for them on a motion to dismiss.

And if it's dismissed with prejudice the plaintiff likely will have to pay for McDonalds expensive lawyers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom