Martha Continues To Branch Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Saw a blurb on the news this morning that Martha Stewart, apart from her new involvement with Macy's, is also branching out in yet two more directions.

1) She is currently partnering up with Gallo wineries to put out her own "brand" of several different wines under her name to be sold at $15 per bottle.

2) She is currently in development discussions with CostCo to produce & sell "Martha Stewart" brand prepared foods.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a Martha bash, but I can't help but wonder when this woman finds any time at all to actually enjoy the fruits of all her labors. Would I love to have her bucks? Sure. Would I push it to these extremes? No. If I were her age, at this point I'd be perfectly happy just supervising my little empire & enjoying myself. :)

I can't help but wonder when this woman finds any time at all to actually enjoy the fruits of all her labors.

I would guess that she has a very large, sharp staff that actually creates many of the ideas and sees them to fruition. I know she's still active in her corporation, but I'd think that, to an extent, she is just an image or name, too and not doing all of the hands-on work. Opinions of Martha aside, I'm always impressed with the new ideas and products they continue to crank out for her.

I remember reading somewhere that Martha doesn't sleep much, a few short hours per night, something like 3 or 4.

I do appreciate her brand of household items she sells at Kmart. I'm not a Kmart shopper, I get there about once a year, but I have seen her household/kitchen items and they are very nice and very reasonalbly priced. I got a nice glass 1 quart liquid measuring cup there a few years ago for a modest price, as I recall.

I always wonder what drives a person that hard, that they constantly go, go, go...and work, work, work when they don't need the money. I'm too much of a hang loose personality and a people person. I couldn't see myself sacrificing so much time in order to work so hard.

I have to say, being a creative person...it's a wonderful rush to think of and see an idea come to fruition. Perhaps Martha is invigorated by the introduction and "opening" of a new product to the public.

And, yes, I have heard that she doesn't sleep much, which would allow her the time to "get ahead" of the productive game.

As for standing in the wings and not participating in things, I don't think she has the personality to do that.

Having said all this, I think she's been an inspiration to others who want to achieve their goals and overcome some obstacles.

I went to Macy's in Tampa yesterday and looked at her new line. The bedding is to die for, with prices to match. They had a bed made up with her "Trousseau" line and it was gorgeous. So was the price tag. You could have all of those linens, pillows, etc. for a mere $659.00 On sale.

I agree with whoever said that her staff (very talented) does a lot of the actual creating.

Back
Top Bottom