McDonald's of the future coming to St. Joseph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
http://www.newspressnow.com/news/business/article_2df37c84-24fc-5094-ae65-5e157019a0d6.html

However, Habiger said the kiosks will enhance customer service by allowing customers to personalize their burger or chicken sandwich orders. With this option comes McDonald’s newest feature: all-you-can-eat french fries.

“There really are hundreds of different choices to build the burger of your dreams,” he said. “Once you’ve placed your order, you can find your seat because we’ll bring it out to you.”

The dessert menus will have a similar customizable option.

All you can east fries:chef::chef::pig::pig::pig::chef::chef:

They should just bring back a simple menu like from the 1950's-1960's. :) And just have better ingredients -- fresh locally sourced beef, fresh veggies, fresh buns. Like In N' Out Burger.

I remember as a kid in the 1970's, McD's had a simple menu. No combo meals, no Southwestern Deluxe Chicken Sandwich w/ Asian Fusion sauce, etc.. :)

Z9XL

Last edited:
I sorta remember those prices.

Yeah it's kinda surreal to see a hamburger for 28 cents, and 15 cents for coffee. :) Now it's $7 for a combo meal. Average salary has gone up 4x since 1978, but prices have gone up probably 6x-10x depending on product category.

I started kindergarten in 1978, and I think school lunch was only 25 cents and that was the full price. Breakfast was 15 cents, and it was good too -- oatmeal, toast, fruit, milk.

I remember when Quarter Pounders with cheese were 75¢. Tacos from Taco Bell were 33¢ each. That was in 1975. And to make it worse, my rent for a one bedroom apartment was $125/month. Of course, minimum wage was only $2/hr.

Back
Top Bottom