McDonald's to post calories for items on menu boards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt it will hurt their sales but I think it is a good idea for all fast food places to display this info.

But calories are just a portion of what people need to know about.

I remember a while back the fast food places had - right on their countertops - a printed brochure with all nutritional information.

Just because something is "low" in calories doesn't necessarily make it healthy.

For those who are supposed to be watching their sodium intake etc, just calorie count isn't quite enough.

But as I said at the start .. I doubt it will hurt sales and yes .. I will continue to indulge in the occasional fast food meal.

It's great that people can make a more informed decision about their food. I for one end up looking the info up on my phone when I'm not sure about an item.

More than once have I been at Panera and made a different choice when I saw the calorie count on something. There are also times when I don't care and just enjoy something regardless. But when I am traveling and eating out a lot, I can't indulge every day, and info like this makes it easier to stay on track.

I was in McDonald's Monday for lunch and they had the calorie numbers up. It really didn't influence my purchase but was interesting to see. I don't eat there often but I was on my way home from an assignment and needed to stop at Wal Mart and MickeyD's is next door.

Kudos! I think it's a smart move.

I try to eat healthy, so McDonald's currently doesn't get any of my business. I wouldn't expect them to completely eliminate their old menu items, like Big Macs and such, because that would hurt their existing business and there's people who like that stuff. But if they were to display calorie counts, and include a few healthier items like seasonal fruits and veggies, and whole grain breads, I would consider eating there from time to time.

I hate to admit it but, I think it is a good idea.

It makes me think of the TQM idea that if you pay attention to an indicator it will move. It may not cause you to make a different selection in McDonald's but it may cause you to eat lighter or exercise a little more later in the day.

I think they should add a siren and flashing lights when your order goes over 1,500 calories and maybe a digital scale mat to record and flash your weight on a Jumbotron when you step up to pay the cashier. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I hate to admit it but, I think it is a good idea.

It makes me think of the TQM idea that if you pay attention to an indicator it will move. It may not cause you to make a different selection in McDonald's but it may cause you to eat lighter or exercise a little more later in the day.

I think they should add a siren and flashing lights when your order goes over 1,500 calories and maybe a digital scale mat to record and flash your weight on a Jumbotron when you step up to pay the cashier. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Yeah, but if you are bringing home a meal for five. That alarm will easily go off...;);););)

Back
Top Bottom