Medical Marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roll_Bones

Master Chef
This week there was some news in SC. regarding medical marijuana.
The story was about people moving away from here to more progressive states where medical marijuana was available and/or tolerated.

The decisions to move were because on some children's seizures that have been proven to be drastically reduced with the use of medical marijuana.
It seems the active chemical in marijuana, THC is not used, but another chemical BPH that the plant produces. This chemical does not provide a "high" but only a therapeutic effect.

What is your opinion on medical marijuana? Legal marijuana? In the US.

I think marijuana should be decriminalized, not legalized.

I also think the mods might as well delete this thread now cause it can't end well! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think marijuana should be decriminalized, not legalized.

I also think the mods might as well delete this thread now cause it can't end well! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think I agree and I was not certain as to how this thread would be accepted or not accepted.
This is "Off Topic" and the story was in the local news here for the last few days.

Last edited:
i see we are all still here....gay marriage was deemed a social rather than political topic for discussion at dc. another thread, about deaths resulting from drug overdose is also alive and well here. legalized medical marijuana? piece of cake....

I agree with Vit.
Talking about this runs parallel with talking about gay marriage. Kind of.

That said, I think they should legalize marijuana across the board. Look what prohibition did. I still can't believe there are dry counties. But I can't believe a program about making moonshine is right either.
Legalize it, let the gov't set up their restrictions and get their cut and call it a day.

And I also read it helped control seizures. And treated the effects of concussions. That can only be a good thing.

I always wondered why prospective employers kept testing me for marijuana use at my age. The I remembered Willie Nelson.

I see no problem with legalizing it. It's not addictive, which makes it better than alcohol, and if it were legal it would free up every local, state, and federal law enforcement agency to address more important crimes.

I always wondered why prospective employers kept testing me for marijuana use at my age. The I remembered Willie Nelson.

I see no problem with legalizing it. It's not addictive, which makes it better than alcohol, and if it were legal it would free up every local, state, and federal law enforcement agency to address more important crimes.
Now you're just being logical.

The only downside, or hindrance, I can see to them legalizing pot (hey, it's easier to type) across the board is they are practically trying to outlaw cigarettes. To legalize something else we can breathe into our lungs seems counterproductive to their efforts with "regular" smoking.

That said, I think they should legalize marijuana across the board. Look what prohibition did. I still can't believe there are dry counties. But I can't believe a program about making moonshine is right either.
Legalize it, let the gov't set up their restrictions and get their cut and call it a day.

And I also read it helped control seizures. And treated the effects of concussions. That can only be a good thing.
Seems to be going in that direction for a lot of things. Without even getting into philosophical discussions about universal health care, my payment goes from my wallet and to the Health Connector...who then notifies my provider that the monthly premium has been paid. I see a "cut" in there somewhere! :LOL:

OT but...speaking of seizures, how has Pierce been doing? Hmm, maybe your doggy would be helped by the canine version of "Special Brownies". :cool:

...OT but...speaking of seizures, how has Pierce been doing? Hmm, maybe your doggy would be helped by the canine version of "Special Brownies". :cool:

OT, but if he could be helped I might even consider second hand smoke :ermm:
:LOL:

Seizures, it's complicated.
The meds really screwed him up, so I took him off, he was fine for a couple weeks, then had two in a 24 hr period (not good), so I put him back on at a lower dose than the vet said. So far so good, but he's not the same dog. Better than he was at the higher dose though. At least he can walk now and isn't peeing inside anymore.

It looks like some are trying the pot capsules for their pets who are going through cancer treatment, with promising results. No formal studies yet though.

A friend's young adult son had been depressed and suicidal for several years. Antidepressants had no effect. He moved to Colorado, obtained a MM license, and is a new kid, functioning, going to college. My friend can't believe the change.

Last edited:
It's ok with me if this subject seems to be fair game, so here's my two cents.

The only downside, or hindrance, I can see to them legalizing pot (hey, it's easier to type) across the board is they are practically trying to outlaw cigarettes. To legalize something else we can breathe into our lungs seems counterproductive to their efforts with "regular" smoking.

As much as the non smoking public would like it, tobacco will never be outlawed because of the $$ it brings in from taxes. Now that revenue is dwindling, legal taxable pot is here to stay and replace the loss, pure and simple.
Colorado State budget writers project $1 billion in pot sales next year, and from that the state will make an estimated 134 million dollars in taxes.
I see no reason not to make it legal in every state. Medical marijuana should have always been legal !

Pac I read somewhere that pot was being used to help canines with seizure activity ... can't recall where I read that but will try to find something to pass on to you.

Pac I read somewhere that pot was being used to help canines with seizure activity ... can't recall where I read that but will try to find something to pass on to you.

Thanks. I'll check a couple sources I have, too.
I hadn't heard of it in my area, but that's nothing new.

From my stint in the bar industry I can 100% say that serving a pothead is much more pleasant experience than a drunk. ;) It applies equally to life outside of the bar as well.

Decriminalize, regulate and let everyone make their own decisions on whether they choose to partake or not on a recreational level.

There should be no barriers (state or federal) if it is being used for medicinal purposes. And if ripping on a bong before bed helps you fall asleep better at night, I'd categorize that as medicine.

I've seen first-hand what a difference the "butter" can make in a cancer patient's life. Ingesting the marijuana helped alleviate some of the horrific side effects of chemo such as nausea and could help whet the appetite.

All in all, I like where this is heading. I personally don't partake - but I most certainly would like the option to do so legally if I ever needed to (per a doctor's suggestion) or wanted to.

Interesting times, aren't they?

Last edited:
One enterprising girl scout, Danielle Lei, set up her cookie stand outside a Medical Marijuana dispensary in San Francisco. She sold 117 boxes in less than two hours. Smart people, these Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom