MexicoKaren's Terrible Loss...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karen I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe the cruelty of people. But PLEASE do be careful. You don't know what these people are capable of. I am sending you and Jerry tons of hugs and prayers. My heart aches for you both.

There are no words that can express how awful I feel for you. Our pets are our "children" too, & I can't even imagine how I'd handle a situation like yours.

While I also think you should tread carefully, I also think it's absolutely necessary that you bring the police into this. Poisoning is not something that should be taken likely, & if this neighbor was responsible in some way & decides to "up the ante", it could look very odd that you didn't report this first horrible transgression.

Try to stay strong - & safe!

How terrible! My heart goes out to you and Jerry. I can only imagine how devastated you must be.

Karen, I am saddened by what was done to your dogs. It's an inhuman and heartless thing to do.

Oh, Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your poor dogs, and I'm sorry you and your husband have to go through something so horrible. I wish there was more I can do. Take care.

I am shocked! Knowing this happened to her could just as well happened to me. What can I say when no one could make me feel better to experience something like this. What was the point? This hurts just as much as if it happened to me. Now you all understand why I can't stand people! Real perverted minds. Dog would never deliberately kill someone unless they were scared and wanted to protect themselves. Just so stupid.

I'm so sorry to hear this Karen. I just can't stop crying, it hurts so much. We had a dog that was poisoned (we think we know who it was, but we were never able to prove anything). It wasn't really even our dog, but a stray that we had just arranged to give to my uncle the day we found him dead, but we had already grown to love him.

Our pets really are part of our families, and losing them in such a tragic and horrific manner is unimaginable. As GB and others have said though, please take care and don't put yourselves in harm's way.

Thank you Laury for letting us know. It had to be hard for you to have to write.

:(Barbara

Last edited:
There are no words to describe how awful this story is. I pray to God the monster who did this gets his just dues. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

Karen, I am really saddened to hear about your tragic loss of your beloved pets. I am sure that your pets like my dog are an integral part of your family. I will be thinking of you and your husband.

Take care and many hugs, SC

Karen, I am horrified at your loss and sick to my stomach. I hope you can feel all the love and hugs that are coming your way. I am so very sorry.

Yes, be careful. At the same time they simply can't just get away with it.

I am overwhelmed by your kindness. I cannot express how much it helps. Thank you all for your generosity and compassion. I was so reluctant to share this tragedy with you, because I knew it would cause you pain. This is a remarkable community of loving friends. Thank you.

How despicable.. may Karma bite them soundly on their butts.
Big psychic hugs! They are still around in your hearts, at least!

It is said that those who mistreat animals will have to account for their actions, maybe not in this life, but there will be an accounting. But the hardest part of this is, of course, the loss of a loved family member. I feel so very bad that someone was evil enough to do this.

And after the initial loss, then, mistrust grows as to who was the perpetrator. All I can say is that there are probably a host of good people around you, and one sick individual. I hope it can be found out who that person is. And I hope that this doesn't cause irreversible damage to the relationships you may have with your neighbors.

And remember, just as our lives don't ever cease (at least that's my belief), neither do the lives of our pets or of any living thing. They just change from this mortal sphere to an immortal one.

It is my prayer that love and charity may fill your heart, and that the support you receive, not only here on DC, but from your family and friends will help heal the wounds of this tragedy.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I lost a dog in April and I am still mourning her.
I hope to God that they catch the person(s) who did this. I personally would love for them to eat that fish. This is unbelievable. Hang in there and keep us updated.

karen, how very sad you must be. i am just angry that someone could be so cruel. what if a toddler had gotten hold of it? must have been a powerful poison if the dogs died instantly. this is one of the reason my cat never goes outside. that is hard to do for dogs though. i would call the police myself. but if you do be very careful.

Back
Top Bottom