Midnite Oil Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally fell asleep around 3:30 in the morning. Then up at 6:30 to get ready to go shopping. I still need a full night's sleep. Hopefully, tonight for both of us. :sleep:

I'm having issues again tonight. Aggravated my carpal tunnel and my fingers are killings me.

Do you have a brace for your wrist?

Yes I have A right hand and a left hand brace. I also have a long "sleep" brace that can be used on either hand. They don't really seem to help much any more.

I still can't get to sleep. But my kitty is sleeping in my arms.

I have four cats and they usually take turns using me for a cat bed. But sometimes I have two or thee at a time.

My three steal my ottoman, leave me a tiny corner to get one leg up. Right now I'm trying to stay awake...been a long night.

I'm having issues again tonight. Aggravated my carpal tunnel and my fingers are killings me.

msmf, when I went to see a neurologist earlier this year, I was very surprised to find that I too had carpal tunnel in both wrists. She asked me one question. When I answered yes, she told me that a lot of people that type with both hands or had typing classes in school, usually develop it. Today, they spend too many hours on their computers. And it hits those who are mostly speed typists. Sure fits me.

...I was very surprised to find that I too had carpal tunnel in both wrists...And it hits those who are mostly speed typists. Sure fits me.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in people who make repetitive hand movements, not just typing. To relieve it, I was told to limit or avoid the activity that aggravated the condition. I had issues with it back when I did a lot of cross-stitching. Once I stopped the cross-stitching, the problem went away. Good thing, too, because it's very difficult to put in contact lenses when your fingers don't work! :LOL:

Looks like you'll either need to type slower, or just give it up all together. ;)

Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in people who make repetitive hand movements, not just typing. To relieve it, I was told to limit or avoid the activity that aggravated the condition. I had issues with it back when I did a lot of cross-stitching. Once I stopped the cross-stitching, the problem went away. Good thing, too, because it's very difficult to put in contact lenses when your fingers don't work! :LOL:

Looks like you'll either need to type slower, or just give it up all together. ;)

Spike one year for Christmas the Dragon Program. I talk, and it appears on my screen. It took what I thought was forever for the program to recognize my Boston accent. Very frustrating at first.

Curious....are you still using the Dragon program for your posts here, Addie?

------------------------------------------------------
I don't think I ever knew this thread was here! I'll have to remember this next time I wake up at 3AM and can't go back to sleep. :D

Last edited:
Curious....are you still using the Dragon program, Addie?

------------------------------------------------------
I don't think I ever knew this thread was here! I'll have to remember this next time I wake up at 3AM and can't go back to sleep. :D

Yes. I got cortisone shots in my fingers and they worked. Also found that my wrists are feeling much better. So for now I don't want to stop using the program.

Sometimes if I use a word that has two spellings, it will give me the wrong spelling, but correct itself when I place the period. Like buy or by. Dragon must be female. It just loves the word "buy!"

Another sleepless night. Pain and worrying about some issues have me unable to fall asleep.

I have had shots in both wrists and they didn't help at all.

Msmofet, have considered asking your doctor for some help with sleeping? Or you could try melatonin. I tried it as a headache treatment - it didn't help that, but it sure did put me to sleep!

Another sleepless night. Pain and worrying about some issues have me unable to fall asleep.

I have had shots in both wrists and they didn't help at all.

I am surprised. A number of years ago I had the shots into my hip. I didn't think they would work at all, but was willing to try. Boy, was I surprised. From wheelchair to being able to run. I had a second shot and am still able to stay on my feet.

It was because of that success that I asked for the shots in my fingers. And I can't believe the difference. Before I could barely bend them and excruciating pain would come at the most worst moment. Today, when the doctor tells me to squeeze my hand, I can. I can even make a real tight fist.

I hope your pain subsides soon. Been there, and hope to never to go back. I would rather you come to my side of being pain free.

Back
Top Bottom