Mom's Best Meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, my bil would have a massive problem with that.

even though he was born and raised in jersey, then served in the navy all over the world, he ended up settling in western virginia and is such a proud southerner that he gets in your face about it at every opportunity. confederate flag displayed at all times, lol.

when my mil passed away and he swallowed his deep, southern pride to come north and slum it with a bunch of yankees, he went a little nuts after he couldn't find a certain nascar race on tv or radio. i teasingly offered to drive him around the block a few hundred times making left turns, and even pull into a gas station to have the tank filled and tires checked by someone else (lol, you can't pump your own gas in jersey) and he went off on me.

anywho, he hasn't been back since. good riddance, but i'm kind of sorry to wish him on decent southern people.

i watched a good show called something like "do you know dixie", and i loved when trace adkins said that florida wasn't really a southern state. it used to he connected up korth, but broke off and floated down and reconnected to georgia. lol.

I love folks like your BIL. I could eat them for breakfast. We would make a good pair bt. Give us just 24 hours together with him and he would run screaming back to his "Southern Roots." :angel:

Attachments

• city chicken.jpg
    city chicken.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 138
George Segal, King Rat. I just saw that movie about a month ago. Rat on a stick. :ermm:

I was trending more towards the "kebab" sellers in Ankh Morpork in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. One of them will sell anything "onna stick".

I noticed the Ankh Morpork connection, immediately.

Some places rat is sold as food and referred to as "field rabbit". I don't see why a country rat, that hasn't been eating garbage, wouldn't taste good.

Back
Top Bottom