Monday April 22, 2019 is Earth Day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Just a "heads up," Monday is Earth Day. Got any plans?

Well, you can plant something, like a tree. Or, you can clean up something, like some litter that thoughtless people tossed out of a car. Or, you can decide to park your car and walk to the local store.

Our Earth gives us everything we need to survive. Earth Day is a good day to give something back, and maybe develop some new habits.

Remember, if millions of people make small changes, it does WAY more than a few people making big changes.

I am going to re-focus on planning my errands so I can do as many as possible in one efficient trip, and not drive my car any more than I need to. I've kind of gotten out of that habit. I also plan to take a trash bag with me when I take psycho-poodle for a walk, to pick up sh-t people mindlessly toss out of the car window -- something I shouldn't need to do, but should do anyway.

CD

Last edited:
Make short trips on a bike. According to studies, "Half of all trips are three miles or less, but fewer than 2 percent of those trips are made by bicycle, while 72 percent of them are driven. Private vehicles like cars, pick-up trucks, and SUVs, account for 60 percent of trips of a mile or less."

https://www.bikeleague.org/content/national-household-travel-survey-short-trips-analysis

Unfortunately, parking a bike can be a challenge. When I take my bike to the grocery store (2.5 miles away), there are acres of parking for cars, but I have to hunt around for a pole to lock my bike to.

Back
Top Bottom