More about customer service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is true that too many people are so quick to complain, but not to compliment.

We went out to dinner a few nights ago. There was a 20 minute wait. We were with my folks and my kids as well. The hostess actually bumped us up in the list when a secluded table opened up. She said she has young kids too and knew this would be the perfect spot for us and didn't want us to have to wait. She acted purely out of the kindness of her heart and it really helped us tremendously. My wife made sure to ask her name on the way out so she could tell the owner how well she treated us and that because of her we will be back more often. I need to find out if she actually ever did call.

I've been lucky i guess, or I don' tget out much, or I only go to places recommended.
I only had 2 occasions where I actually walked out. 2 food places. And then my (now Ex-) husband made me the bad guy for returning meat/fish.
Nothing but korean nail people here, and after many tries at various places, speaking engish and not, and paying tons of money, just like being short (5'3") I resigned myself that it wasn't gonna happen.
Cell phone use though, to me, is not acceptable. I keep for emergencies only. But I've alway said I'm a dinosaur.Manners are not.

Sorry for your troubles.
But we're all still waiting for bowlingshirt's comment - "pitiful".

:) One thing for sure is whether it's in person or on the internet I always complain very diplomatically you get more with sugar than vinegar. If you start screaming or get nasty you usually get nothing in return but if you are nice and polite most always people will bend over backwards to make it right.

:) One thing for sure is whether it's in person or on the internet I always complain very diplomatically you get more with sugar than vinegar. If you start screaming or get nasty you usually get nothing in return but if you are nice and polite most always people will bend over backwards to make it right.
While I agree that it is better to complain the way you describe, I do not agree that nasty people usually get nothing in return. I have witnessed on many occasions a nasty complainer getting comped dishes, meals, coupons for free meals on return visits, and all sorts of other freebies. I have seen managers bend over backward, sometimes even more so for those people than the ones who act appropriately. I have seen the polite people get nothing at all or very little while the nasty person gets more. This does not happen every time, but it sure does happen.

There is no doubt that acting polite is the better way to go, but not because of what you may or may not get as far as comps.

i start out polite. if that doesn't work, i complain a little louder. mostly at the doctors office. the squeaky wheel gets the oil

babe

I worked in a major ENT clinic in Houston and believe me the patients who squeaked got the service........one customer who was a major real estate agent in Houston walked thru the door, said she was there for Dr. s.........and barked that she'd be ****ed if she'd wait (this is a Dr. whose office booked patients two at a time every 15 minutes0--in front of her I dialed the doctors office and repeated word for word what she said......she looked at me with some pride....she'll be ****ed if she waits and they said "send her on back" she smiled at me and down the hall she marched..........I laughed, too...what a lady with an attitude........

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine was convinced that the Korean manicurists were talking about her? Sure enough, they were....LOL.

I was at the grocery store awhile back and the two clerks (one checking, one bagging) were having quite a conversation about the contents of my grocery cart, in Spanish, of course. Nothing really uncomplimentary, but things like "She must have a very grand house," and "she is buying lots of very expensive food." When they were done, I asked them, in Spanish, to please validate my parking ticket and thanked them for their service. Their mouths were still hanging open when I left.

This reminded me of a couple, maybe 5, years ago.
I grew up on Celantano frozen ravioli s, so I of course bought them also. But they became very doughy, very little filling and not held together well.
So I called there 800 #, voiced the same, and the cust. service person apologized and said they'd send me a $1.00 coupon for my next package. I was AGHAST! and said, what are you kidding. Didn't you just hear me. Keep your coupon. I'm not buying anymore, not even if they're free.

How confused she was! (she must not cook) I haven't bought more and make my own with wonton wrappers and stuff the heck out of them.
Oh my, I haven't made in a while and am getting hungry.
I'll have to pull sauce and wrappers out of the freezer for tonight. And post in what's for dinner tonight.

I'm on the phone still now with TMobile
I am furious with them.
been on hold for ever.
they don't care.
I've already cried too many times today.
was on phone with them from midnight to 2 am this morning, still nothing.
on hold, now how much customer service does that show?
none.
I just told the girl my story which was why I was calling still or again, she said, "So what do you want me to tell the supervisor?" I said, "Did you not hear what I've just told you? I am on now with supervisor Tim who is trying to help but I am a sceptic.

More later when this is resolved.

No resolve.
No resolution.
No nothing fixed.
DH has paid $250 for this service.
He will now have to pay $200 for getting out of the contract.
So two months worth of " NO service " service is going to cost us $450.
My gosh, what is customer service? It is customer NO SERVICE.
T Mobil is going to be cut off at any cost, I couldn't care less.
It will cost us about $650 to get out of T Mobil but maybe another carrier will care. I don't know nor do I care.
Okay, I'm done.

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine was convinced that the Korean manicurists were talking about her? Sure enough, they were....LOL.

I was at the grocery store awhile back and the two clerks (one checking, one bagging) were having quite a conversation about the contents of my grocery cart, in Spanish, of course. Nothing really uncomplimentary, but things like "She must have a very grand house," and "she is buying lots of very expensive food." When they were done, I asked them, in Spanish, to please validate my parking ticket and thanked them for their service. Their mouths were still hanging open when I left.

I had a high school biology teacher (well also chemistry) and so I knew her well. One morning 2 girls were bad mouthing her left and right (her classes were difficult to day the least) and she was miles away.......anyway she finally walked up to the Science building looked them straight in eyes and repeated word for word what they had said. Their mouths dropped to their knees........she informed them to cover their mouths the next time as she wouldn't be able to "read their lips" ....she had been a nurse at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed during WWII and had learned to read lips due to significant hearing impairment. What a woman..........

Way to go, Vera!!!:ROFLMAO:

I love comeuppance stories. Trouble is, most "service people" fall into the category of too dumb to know they are dumb, so it is lost on them. Circuit City has gone from a company selling off the back of trucks with good service, to a company with excellent service, to a company with bad service. In the meantime, I have watched their stock fall from 100 to 4, and they still don't get it. Unfortunatey, they are not an exception.

Same thing with Home Depot Bg68. They used to be # 1 . Then the good people left for better $$ and more employee friendly # 2 Lowes. Now they're # 1.

Mom couldn't hear out of her left ear. She learned to do the same. Boy, did we learn fast with shiny rear-ends!

I hate customer service. I was a "Customer Service Manager" aka factory rep for one of the big three. I *lived* the job 5 days a week for 3 years.

I got cussed out, threatened, and even had someone take a swing at me. Best decision I ever made was to get out of that racket. :mrgreen:

That being said... I always try to be pleasant to people inb the service industry, because I know the job I have. Often, it's returned. when it's not. Oooh boy, can I be a word I can't use on this site.

Of course, my rule of thumb... never mess with the people bringing you your food and drinks until you're done ordering! ;)

John

Could someone give me explanation as t o why another language is permitted in this country? When my folks came here they HAD to learn the language. Not perfect , but could communicate! Being in any job requires communication.

Could someone give me explanation as t o why another language is permitted in this country? When my folks came here they HAD to learn the language. Not perfect , but could communicate! Being in any job requires communication.
Oh don't even get me started on this:angry:.
Funny dumb me, I thought I lived in the good ole US of A. Not Mexico:ohmy:
A lady walked in to my salon one day, spoke only Spanish, I was the only one there and she was trying to ask me something, which not speaking Spanish I had no idea where she was going with her words. I kept saying No Espanole, English por favor. She kept up with her Espanole and I finally said, in English, duh, "Maam, you're in America, you need to speak English here." Not that she understood but I felt a bunch better, I then hugged her because I knew she was having a hard time.:neutral:

Back
Top Bottom