Morning routine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have one neighbor with four members. everyone of them slams the car door. or they sit and rev the car for 15 min.

then i have one in back, that drags his large trash cans out to the front at 11 pm. then he drags them back at 11 pm the next day.

some people just don't think of their neighbors

babe

i have one neighbor with four members. everyone of them slams the car door. or they sit and rev the car for 15 min.

then i have one in back, that drags his large trash cans out to the front at 11 pm. then he drags them back at 11 pm the next day.

some people just don't think of their neighbors

babe

I couldn't agree more, babe. I'm so quiet, noone knows I live here. They ask "Have you been out of town?" Next, they start dragging shopping carts over the concrete all weekend long. :glare: Don't even get me started on all the car alarms going off at any given time.

I have jetlag (STILL) so I'm usually up at 4am---well, that beats the 2am let's be wide and awake call that I had been responding to.......there's a 13 hour time difference between Houston and K. Then last week was spent in the LA area and that's a 2 hour time difference .........so my body is pretty much ping ponging right now.......

Then my wife would alway be about an hour and a half late for work! :-p

That, my friend, is an issue to be taken up with her employers. Take it up with mine, too. I'm at work by 6:10am. And that...is just a big bowl of wrong, if you ask me.

Alarm goes off.
I moan.
Weigh self.
I would moan again at this point!--:)Barbara
Take shower.
turn coffee pot on.
Check email.
Get dressed/ dry hair.
Get cuppa coffee.
Finish emailing.
Go to work.
Get lemon tea.
Start working.

I always set the alarm clock, but always beat it by just minutes. It's freaky. I think I beat it because it gives me a heart attack when it goes off.
So I get up, (between 3 am and 5 am) turn off the ceiling fan, tell "weiner dog", "good morning good morning, good morning world", step up the coffee and hit start, put the dog leash on "weiner dog", walk, get eatin by mosquitos, come home, light cigarette, make the pot of coffee into a whole pot of - with sugar and cream added, put ice in glass, pour coffee onto ice, drink to test, fix or not, then put pot in fridge, put out cigarette that I haven't smoked, curse myself, and begin my day.

no lie......I don't need an alarm clock even with jetlag......my body is programmed to wake up......my son's alarm is so annoying upstairs that I want to strangle him........and he doesn't get up until 30 minutes later.......then I really want to strangle him.......I have learned to set my cell phone's alarm when traveling overseas.......you can't trust all hotels either..........

Originally Posted by pdswife
Alarm goes off.
I moan.
Weigh self.
I would moan again at this point!--:)Barbara
Take shower.
turn coffee pot on.
Check email.
Get dressed/ dry hair.
Get cuppa coffee.
Finish emailing.
Go to work.
Get lemon tea.
Start working.

oh..the moaning doesn't stop! I do it all day! lol

Oh my gosh, I am tired just reading all of this. I feel so guilty telling you all this, but we don't get up and go to work....we're blessedly retired. (I'm not gloating, I'm not gloating, I'm not gloating).Before we retired, it was up at 5 am every day - now we wake up sometime between 7 and 8, usually because our little dog Bob has sailed over the wall again and is barking in the street. This morning, it was because one of the kitties brought us a half-consumed mouse and deposited it in the middle of our bed. Coffee is ready to go - DH punches the button on his way to the dog food; I feed the three kitties. By then, it's outside to the back patio for coffee. Watch the hummingbirds feud over the feeder, watch the sun come up over the mountains, no newspaper. After our first cup, we go check email at our own computers and the day takes off from there.
Oh yes, I know that I am very blessed!!!

Don't feel guilty!!! You did your share of real life now go out and enjoy the fantasy life we all dream about.

Oh thanks, pds! I said to my daughter not long ago, "I am living my dream." And she said, "Mom, you're living everybody's dream!" Well, I'm not sure everybody would enjoy the hot and humid weather like we do, but it is a good life we lead.

I never use an alarm. Just "tell" myself before I go to bed what time I want too rise. Never been problem, even when I worked for someone else.

My routine is pretty much the same every day. Over the last several years I haven't been able to "sleep in." Buck can sleep the day way and usually does on weekends and holidays.

Most of the time I'm up by 7:30. Head downstairs to feed indoor and outdoor furry children. In the cold months that means taking the chill off the outdoor kitties' milk by nuking it for a few seconds.

Once the children are fed, watered and litter boxes are attended to, I prepare whatever breakfast we'll have. On weekends I make a more elaborate brunch-like meal, since Buck doesn't usually roll out of the sack before 11 a.m.

When breakfast/brunch is done, I get on to daily chores. They vary according to the day. For instance, tomorrow (Thursday) is laundry/cleaning day. Always has been.

Every second Wednesday (today is one) I drive the 30 miles to the nearest big town to do our shopping. That takes all day. I usually leave at about 9 a.m. and pull into the driveway about 5 p.m. or later. Those days I'm on the go all day long. Today included 23 stops.

Some mornings I go to our shop to work on customer projects. Other mornings I work on them at home.

Still, other mornings are spent writing or doing research.

We're supposed to be retired. Ha. Ha.

Back
Top Bottom