Morning routine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what wakes you from your sleepy fog....
fer some it's coffee, others a shower.
me, it's a bath with bubbles, being squeaky clean, & drinking gingerale.
you?

At the moment?

Searing back pain. I have no idea what I did, but it's quite effective at waking me up. ;)

poor ronjohn. take a motrin?

8 of 'em. Dinna help much.

Oh, and I do like coffee in the morning. Coffee is good, too. Although I'm usually up for more than an hour before I have any, so I don't know if it counts.

DH has taught the dog to wake me up by kissing my hand. Since DH has usually been up for an hour or so already, coffee is made, so I stumble downstairs, pour a cup, and sit on the couch for a while with the newspaper.

I had no idea I actually have to wake up, when I get out of the bed. Hm, what a concept. I, think, I'm going to be still a sleep until something exiting happens on the Internet. Or TV. Or my kids ... kids... kids....

Let the dog out while I make coffee. Let the dog in and then check e-mail while drinking first cup of coffee. Then I wake the kids and chaos ensues!

If I don't have the luxury of time, I just jump up and take a shower, then take my medicine (hopefully with something caffeine-laden, like tea or Diet Coke).

If I have the luxury of time (which I do most days now), I stretch good and hard in bed for a few minutes before doing the rest. Stretching helps me wake up more than anything.

:)Barbara

up at 4:30, unload the dish machine while drinking a carefully saved back cup of coffee from the day before, start a new pot of coffee, fix an enormous bowl of oatmeal for dh, pack his lunch, set up the milking equipment, off to the barn to milk and feed the goats, take a swing around the garden on the way back to the house, process the milk, then fix and eat breakfast..

Let the dogs out.
Make coffee.
Drink coffee and jump online.
Shower.
Hair/make up/get dressed/get lunch.

Out the door.......

coffee- exercise- coffee- shower -more coffee- Good morning World!!!! Love and energy, Vicki

Depends on the day for me. On day shift its up at crack of dawn thirty, into the shower, feed the fuzzies, make lunches for kiddos, power down coffee and race out the door. (Hopefully I've managed to remember to put on some appropriate clothes in there too.) On nonwork days its roll out of bed, stumble into kitchen and see if any furries need feeding...do that...make lunches, drink coffee and consider showering.

Alarm goes at 5.00 - jump in the shower to wake up, check my emails, eat breakfast, wash the dishes, do whatever housework I can fit in before I head out the door at 7.15.

my furbabies start trying to wake me up , Blackie by licking my hand, Snowy by laying on me, the 2 kittens by running around the bed til finally I get up , usually around 6 or 7 . I go downstairs, feed them, start the coffee, check emails . Clean up litterboxes , by then coffee is ready and I check DC to see what is happening.

At the moment?

Searing back pain. I have no idea what I did, but it's quite effective at waking me up. ;)
I already told you I wouldn't creep into your joint at night to jack your hootch. You don't have to sleep on the bottles to protect them.:-p

It's a toss up between the 5:10 walk to the bus stop, or the walk up Wall Street from the subway stop. Either way, it's quite the jarring experience, especially when it's 20 degrees out.

For what it's worth, I'm a huge proponent of the natural wake up. This business of alarms, bells, whistles and chimes is nonsense. People would be much more pleasant if they were permitted to wake up naturally, daily. If you got all of society to agree that the work day should start, nationwide, by 9am, and the same people agreed to do what was necessary to be there on time, sans alarms, we'd all be much happier.

:whistlingah, yes, Vera's dreaming again....

Alarm goes off.
I moan.
Weigh self.
Take shower.
turn coffee pot on.
Check email.
Get dressed/ dry hair.
Get cuppa coffee.
Finish emailing.
Go to work.
Get lemon tea.
Start working.

Hmmm. Don't really have a routine. Depends on my day. Usually only sleep a few hours & wake before dawn. M-F the idiot neighbor slams his door at 5:50 AM, & on Sat & Sun at 7:00 AM to go out for a smoke. That's always followed by another slam of the stairwell door next to my unit :angry: Ya never need an alarm clock around here. Oh yeah, next the idiot's wife goes out at 8:00 AM & slams both doors - returns at 9:00 AM, & slams both doors. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom