Most Important Cities in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WestVillage

Assistant Cook
Greatest City in the World - New York, NY
i was thinking and what are the most important cities in america? i'm originally from california but we all know new york is the most important city in the country by far.

what are the top 5 most important in the country?

new york being the most important, what are the next 4?
chicago, los angeles, dc, houston, boston, atlanta, philadelphia, etc? chicago or houston probably. los angeles is more of a film city while houston is home to the 2nd most fortune 500 companies in the country after new york. houston also is home to nasa and is into the oil industry.

sorry if this thread seems dumb... i've just been pondering on various things today. a boring day at work. :sleep:

The most important city in the USA is obviously, St Louis, Missouri, home to Anheuser-Busch Company, makers of Budweiser.
Ponder that.
:LOL:

The answer to that depends a lot on what your criteria is. Let's look at the fastest growing cities.

1 Los Angeles, CA
2 New York, NY
3 San Antonio, TX
4 Phoenix, AZ
Houston, TX

How about money?

The wealthiest cities in America according to Bizjournals:
1. Arlington VA
2. Thousand Oaks CA
3. Naperville IL
4. Alexandria VA
5. Stamford CT
Is crime an issue?

Safest Cities
Newton, MA
Clarkstown, NY
Amherst, NY
Mission Viejo, CA
Brick Toenship, NJ

Money Magazine says these are the best places to live:

Plentiful jobs, excellent schools, affordable housing - America's best small cities have all that and more. See the top 100 best places to live - including detailed city profiles, homes for sale and million-dollar homes.

1. Plymouth, MN
2. Fort Collins, CO
3. Naperville, IL
4. Irvine, CA
5. Franklin Township, NJ

You see, it really depends on how you look at it.

AC

The answer to that depends a lot on what your criteria is. Let's look at the fastest growing cities.

1 Los Angeles, CA
2 New York, NY
3 San Antonio, TX
4 Phoenix, AZ
Houston, TX

actually, the census reported that dallas and atlanta are america's new fastest growing cities percentage-wise, while new york city is gaining the most population per year in the country. san

or food from practically every nation on this planet:

Los Angeles

new york for sure tops that list. i read that new york is the most diverse city in the world, toronto is 2nd, and london is 3rd. toronto surprised me, but after i read on it began to make sense. canada is a major immigrant landing spot, especially toronto due to the proximity to the new york border, niagara falls. canada is also very lenient on immigration, they're not as strict as america is. london is self-explanatory, it's close to many other countries.

los angeles is also a diverse city, but after you look it up, it's not all that diverse. it may have a large immigrant poulation, but 46.5% of the los angeles population is hispanic. i mean in new york, toronto, london, and chicago it's more evenly laid out.

Actually, census stats aside, if you count the illegals coming in every day, Los Angeles may very well be at the top.

there are illegals in every city though. chicago is said to have one of the largest illegal populations. but i wouldn't doubt if los angeles had the most although percentage-wise i think vegas may beat it out. or el paso or something. possibly miami. ah who knows.

i hear that we may be building a big wall along the mexican border though... does anybody know what that's about? it makes no sense. i mean if you're in tijuana or something and there's a wall blocking your entrance into america, couldn't you just go to the beach, swim out 3 feet, and go around the wall that way? i mean seriously? if the wall does go up, they'll just do what cubans do to get to america but they won't have to go a hundred miles, it could just be a 10 second swim.

new york for sure tops that list. i read that new york is the most diverse city in the world, toronto is 2nd, and london is 3rd. toronto surprised me, but after i read on it began to make sense. canada is a major immigrant landing spot, especially toronto due to the proximity to the new york border, niagara falls. canada is also very lenient on immigration, they're not as strict as america is. london is self-explanatory, it's close to many other countries.

los angeles is also a diverse city, but after you look it up, it's not all that diverse. it may have a large immigrant poulation, but 46.5% of the los angeles population is hispanic. i mean in new york, toronto, london, and chicago it's more evenly laid out.

I agree. :)

Roadfix - New York can do as well or better in that area. Just my opiinion.

West village - More proof that anything can be spun anyway desired. That is NOT to say that I am defending the numbers that I posted. Just a few quick searches.

I would like to live in Mississippi or Louisianna. My living is in NYC, so I'm here. I do love the city, though.

AC

Tooele Utah cause I live there (Dont ask why) and because they store 42% of the nation's chemical weapon there.

The most important city in America is Vista, California because our grandkids are there!

I have to admit I loved NYC! Didn't like the prices though. We spent more on one night's hotel room than our monthly house payments. Of course we could have found cheaper, farther out, but ours wasn't the most expensive, by far. You have to make good money to live in NYC!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom