Movie: World Trade Center-Directed by Oliver Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I teared up and got chills as soon as it came on. I know a lot of people don't want it to come out, but, what Oliver Stone has done is give you insight of 2 of NY's finest that were trapped when the towers collapsed. I like anything that Stone has done and I really think that he had to have done a wonderful job on this. What more can someone do to memoralize these heroes in uniform and no uniform? I want to forget that these people lost their lives like this, but, we have to remember forever!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809260612/info

I have no doubt that he did a great job. For me it is just too soon to watch something like this. I do not think I will be ready to watch anything like this for at least 20 years or so, maybe even longer.

I agree with you TG, we have to remember forever, no matter how painful that may be.

I understand GB. There are going to be a lot of people that feel the same way. I don't see anything wrong in that. I cried over and over when it happened. I felt so helpless watching it. I know that it will be bad to do this. It will only make me hurt even more for them and their families. I can't explain why I have to see it, I just do. It still seems so unreal to me, maybe that's why, I don't know.

I don't blame you for having to see it. I do not find anything wrong with it at all. It is kind of like when someone dies. One person greives by talking about it and sharing stories and laughing about good times shared with that person in the past. Another person hides in a corner and cries alone. Both people grieve, just in different ways.

When you see this I will be interested in your take. I am sure it will be done in his typical great style.

I'd like to see it but I don't know if I can watch it. It was so horrific and as much as we need to remember I don't know if I want to re-live it again.

not going to see it. probably won't ever want to.

it still pisses me off to look downtown and not see the towers.

buckytom said:
it still pisses me off to look downtown and not see the towers.
I know what you mean Bucky. I was driving back from NJ last weekend and wanted to throw up when I saw the skyline.

The good part is that it's supposed to be the true story about two guys (the LAST two) who survived.

But I'm not sure I'm ready to see it either. Definitely not ready to see the one about the people on the plane in that went down in Shanksville.

Oliver Stone has, in the past, twisted the facts to accommodate his movie plot. I don't know if he did with this movie.

I am not ready to watch this movie. It's still a too emotional subject.

Back
Top Bottom