Movies that made you cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
What are some of the movies that made you cry. With me it was:

Bambi
Terms fo Endearment
The Greatest Story Ever Told
The Bells Of St. Mary's
Big Fish

And almost all feature films with animals in them, you know something terrible is going to happen. I just don't watch them anymore.

Somewhere In Time , Bambi, The Shadowlands, Terms of Endearment. Mostly movies with sad endings or happy endings.

There are more but can't remember the names of the movies.

Just remembered one ... Where the Red Fern Grows , The Kid (Charlie Chaplin movie)
I like the silent movies :)

Last edited:
about the only three that i can think of are: "the green mile", "brian's song", and "snoopy's getting married, charlie brown".

I knew that Terms of Endearment was a tearjerker......only I thought that it was the Shirley Maclaine mother's part that died of breast cancer so when one of my best friends invited to go I readily accepted...did not know that it was Deborah Winger's younger mother's role with the 3 young children who died.....I was the eldest of 4 and at aged 9 my mother died of breast cancer......I had to leave during the part where she's telling her kids goodbye.....the army hospital that my mother was in would not allow kids in---never did get to say goodbye to her ......it just brought back such painful memories........so that movie is the biggest tearjerker for me

Old Yeller
The Yearling
Brian's Song (I'd forgotten about that one, BT)
Bridges of Madison County
Message in a Bottle
Schindler's List

Oh, I got a million of them!

Lee

Brokeback Mountain
Million Dollar Baby
The Green Mile
The Notebook
Juno
Saving Private Ryan
Leaving Las Vegas

Old Yeller
The Yearling
Brian's Song (I'd forgotten about that one, BT)
Message in a Bottle
Schindler's List

Oh, I got a million of them!

Lee

I remember Old Yeller , the Yearling, Bridges of Madison County.

It would be easier for me to list the movies that did not make me cry.

I can find something to cry about in just about every movie.

I saw a movie when I went back to my hometown at my friends place. I cried from START to FINISH!!

PS. I LOVE YOU

(my own PS... I don't usually cry at movies)

And it wasn't just crying.. we were both bawling. Her kids didn't understand why we were crying and kept asking us if we were ok.. lol

If it's sad.. I cry!
Sound of music...
Summersby ( Richard Gere!!) I went with a friend one night, the next night I went with my mom, the next day with another friend and I bawled each time. I've rented it many times and I start crying before it even gets sad.

Cold Mountain
Brokeback Mountain
Sound of Music

I could go on and on!

oh, i forgot that one. i cried because it was then that i realized i could never be a cowboy.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Why do you think most sheep herders work solo, BT? :angel:

Never saw Terms of Endearment, but if I do now I'll be ready ;)

I'll swell from time to time, animal type movies like mentioned or serious dramas that I pay too much attention to :rolleyes:, but one that might be a bit obscure and just came back to me is Day of the Dolphin. Probably considered a B movie, but it had George C Scott in it and I liked it. The end was a killer.

My listing of tear jerkers:

Passion of Christ - This one I could not easily shrugg off my memory
Life is Beautiful
Million Dollar Baby
The English Patient
Dolores Claiborne - Sad and Emotional in a Disturbing way. Not your easy breezy weekend fare
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Roman Holiday
Blood Diamond
Boys Don't Cry
Schindlers List
Sixth Sense
Titanic
Forest Gump
Crash

There have been a few but the one that stands out in my mind is Life As A House. If you haven't seen it and you need a good cry - this is the one. Kevin Kline is outstanding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom