MSN Messenger issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I need help. I know my computer is a piece of crap, BUT I have it functioning pretty well with the exception of MSN messenger. For some reason it crashes on me quite regularly and when I do the troubleshooting thing it always repairs Key Ports. Is there anything I can do to fix that more permanently so I don't keep crashing in the middle of a conversation? Its driving me BONKERS.

I know one of my computer issues is that we need another stick of RAM. That is just going to have to wait a bit though as we have bills to pay and a trip to take. Is there anything else that will help?

I run XP, IE (not 7 so maybe 6.something?), have Messenger live 7.0. Anything else I need to tell you to help you diagnose my problem? Oh, the webcam seems to crash stuff too. Can only use it for about 5 minutes.

Alix, seeing that no one has come up with any suggestions yet, I decided to check with my DH to see if he could help you. He said that such problems cannot be diagnosed and resolved so easily from afar. To begin with, he would like to know a) what is your RAM at present b) how old is your PC and c) whether or not you kept up with Microsoft Windows updates. Please let me know your answers and I will see if I can be of any assistance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom