Mulch Pile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
County

Contacting the county only made me more depressed. When I sent email the man kept defending his actions. I questioned him why he was so indifferent to every question I asked concerning my neighbor. I just found out this guy is his brother in law. do you believe this? Must I go over his head to get right help? After I found this out, I wrote his brother in law again and told him he should live next to this guy and see how he likes it? I know this isn't getting me anyplace but how this works out I'll never know. Seems bad guys get all the breaks. I feel sorry babetoo that you have this kind of situation but it should give you some kind of relief to know you are not alone, I got them here too.

I would go over his head. You can always try and make it public and see what happens (in a local newspaper or something) and see what happens. Make it a politicians problem and suddenly things start to happen. Especially when they start asking why the BIL can't do his job suddenly when it is his responsibility to hand it off to someone else to handle because of personal bias.
Here we have a 'What's your problem?' section in the newspaper, so far everyone that has been featured in it has finally seen a solution to their problems...

Good idea Maverick. I agree. Take photos. Let us seem them, if you can. We'll come out en mass through emails. We'll get it done. Go to the council meetings, the press is always there, or call your councilman/woman. Go to the fire inspector. From experience though, I can tell you, in person works a heck of alot better than some anonymous e-mail or phone call.
Put a face to yourself and you can't be ignored.
Maybe if you make a nuisence of yourself, they'll take care of it just to get rid of you.
If you pay them to do NOTHING, why would they do anything?

Washington Post

DaveSoMD, thank you for your interest and I just don't understand how people find such informative articles. Really benefit many people who they say are having more of these kinds of problems. As it states, the economy has a big influence on how you feel. The finances are affected more easily now. It does go to show that people should appreciate more. This country was once the 'land of milk and honey' but no more. Personally, I don't feel we will ever be at the top anymore. Not in my lifetime at least. Only grateful I did have security when I did.

I don't really know if this would bother me as much if he wouldn't store things he doesn't want to see himself. He completely ignores the fact that this is our main entrance and he could care less. If we did have plans to sell our house soon we would definitely have to hire an attorney. After three years of asking this man what he was going to do with the the limbs, Christmas tree, odds and ends of wood, he had laying there I had no choice but to contact someone in authority. This was his BIL. I had to speak to him about this pile of stuff after an exterminator at my house informed me of Recluse Spiders in the house and pointed out the wood pile wasn't helping. I felt threatened by this fact.

Maverick, thanks for advice. Sounds like you been through this before. It truly is curse when you have to live around people who are so only self centered.

Side note: When I am asked to collect for different causes, no one except one individual gave a donation for the cause. Sometimes no one gives. It got so embarrassing that I refuse now when they call to ask me to collect. I tell them I give when they send me letter, I will not go and ask neighbors anymore. Just $1 would be sufficient. This is a shock to me.

I truly am thankful that I can write and ask personal questions on here. You make me feel like I am not abnormal with wanting things the way I do. Inside your house is your mess, outside should try to be kept as nice as when you bought it.

Thanks very much for all your time.

You are welcome!

Finding the article was true serindipidy (sp?). I get the Post delivered everyday and this was the front-page article on the Realestate section. The other coincidence is that I am planning on building a new shed this summer and there as a big article in the same section on building a shed.

Guess it was just a lucky day all around.

The Problem Next Door - washingtonpost.com

I have been on both sides of the problem. I have neighbors who hate what I do and think it is unsightly, and I feel the same way about what they do! Very good advice.

Did you try talking to them about it? I sure did, and hence the long time it took for ME to do something about it. Sometimes you have to know how what you do in your yard affects other people in their yard. What is the saying 'walk in someone else's shoes'. I try to do this or else I speak to them first before I attempt to make a change.

You are welcome!

Finding the article was true serindipidy (sp?). I get the Post delivered everyday and this was the front-page article on the Realestate section. The other coincidence is that I am planning on building a new shed this summer and there as a big article in the same section on building a shed.

Guess it was just a lucky day all around.

Whenever something like this happens my brother also says serendipity. i just don't worry about whatever it is but it sure resolves lot of questions. Dave, if you do build shed, please don't use building to store junk behind it if you have neighbors behind the shed. They wouldn't want to see it either. Wherever you put it I wish you good luck with no headaches.

Nice article.
I think the biggest problem with our neighbor is his perspective. He sees things only from his yard, and refuses to see things the other way. He grumbles and complains over every little thing, and we tried to be accommodating, but he only got worse. I think he is one of those kinds that feeds on conflict. Mind you these are all small things, like the fact that he thinks our garden is too big and there should be more lawn, not that it is messy or overgrown or weedy (DW does a good job of keeping it nice, and everyone else in the neighborhood loves it including most of the Code Enforcement Officers that patrol the area). Or he complains because he doesn't like the color of my trim on my house, or the color of my fence, or the type of edgers I choose to use for the borders of the garden, or even the size of my patio.
But, heaven forbid, one day we politely asked him to trim up his tree as it was leaning on our electrical line, busting up our sidewalk, bending the fence, and drooping all the way down on our garage. He refused, so we looked into alternatives. We were told we could trim it ourselves then take him to court for the damages it caused as well as the cost of trimming it up. So we informed him we were thinking of trimming it ourselves (omitting the suing part, figuring if I got it trimmed up I would be happy and stop there). He threw a hissy fit and told us if we touch it he will sue us. Since then he has been calling Code Enforcement every week, and even calling the police on occasion claiming all kinds of crazy things. Last year he even tried to run over DW with the lawn mower.
The town and police always come out, and always end up finding he is lying to them just to get them to come to our house so he can go to the town board and use that to claim we are horrible neighbors and they need to do something. By the way, lying to the police or Code Enforcement is illegal, and fine-able. They have as of yet to do it. So we went over their heads to the local ADA's office, who went back to the police and instructed them to track every single call the guy made. When it started to pile up, he planed to have us file harassment charges against the guy. Instead his friend in the town found out and told him, so now he has stopped.
DW was peeved as she feels the town is protecting someone who is rather senile and a very unfriendly public drunkard, myself I don't mind as he has not bothered us, called anyone on us, or harassed us in any way since then. But, the tree has to be addressed and fixed.
So, this year, looks like we will be trimming the tree and going to court...

Whenever something like this happens my brother also says serendipity. i just don't worry about whatever it is but it sure resolves lot of questions. Dave, if you do build shed, please don't use building to store junk behind it if you have neighbors behind the shed. They wouldn't want to see it either. Wherever you put it I wish you good luck with no headaches.

I have a 6 foot board on board fence around the whole yard.. they can't see my yard and I cannot see theirs. :)

I have a 6 foot board on board fence around the whole yard.. they can't see my yard and I cannot see theirs. :)

I am seriously thinking about doing this. I just realized how many of those privacy fences are being put up. Evidently, everyone has same reason. AS I have mentioned in other threads that my neighbor across the street has her son who works for some kind of computer communication business that he can hack in on my telephone line. NO ONE BELIEVES IT! So I have to go through process of hiring private investigator. This woman is real terror who gets her way no matter if she uses her kids to do it. So very very sick. Only word to describe it. No fence can stop this. Since it has gone on for more than 3 years I am aware of the difference in the phone when he is on it and when he is not. This may sound crazy but sure hope it never ever happens to any of you. It does start to affect you mentally.

I did go to Lowes yesterday and lot of choices of fencing. It surely would stop me from seeing the stuff. This neighborhood has gotten filled with people who seem to disregard and disrespect their neighbors. Isn't there scripture, love thy neighbor? Who could, when they reach to such low levels to make your life miserable. Weekends are the worst. Plus not being able to use the phone I pay for service. Makes me feel like I am sick. Only real help is this site. Thank you for your time and your understanding. Guess misery loves company.

I am seriously thinking about doing this. I just realized how many of those privacy fences are being put up. Evidently, everyone has same reason. AS I have mentioned in other threads that my neighbor across the street has her son who works for some kind of computer communication business that he can hack in on my telephone line. NO ONE BELIEVES IT! So I have to go through process of hiring private investigator. This woman is real terror who gets her way no matter if she uses her kids to do it. So very very sick. Only word to describe it. No fence can stop this. Since it has gone on for more than 3 years I am aware of the difference in the phone when he is on it and when he is not. This may sound crazy but sure hope it never ever happens to any of you. It does start to affect you mentally.

I did go to Lowes yesterday and lot of choices of fencing. It surely would stop me from seeing the stuff. This neighborhood has gotten filled with people who seem to disregard and disrespect their neighbors. Isn't there scripture, love thy neighbor? Who could, when they reach to such low levels to make your life miserable. Weekends are the worst. Plus not being able to use the phone I pay for service. Makes me feel like I am sick. Only real help is this site. Thank you for your time and your understanding. Guess misery loves company.

Now this same neighbor has started wearing same kind of clothes I do. When i wear jogging pants she comes out with them on. If I have jeans she wears jeans, slacks (same color) she wears them and same color shirts. What is her problem? It is like looking a mirror. Everyone says she is jealous. About what? She has more than she needs and jealous of me? this woman needs mental help. I try not to be visible but have to go to get the mail and she watches constantly. Would this not drive you crazy? Guess this is off the topic but neighbors is what I can't stand. Two are agitators others act normal. So very sad that all of them can't be normal. I don't get it why she tries to dress the way I do. Maybe I just started noticing because she is started to really affect me with her being so nosey.

Guess no one has this problem? I wouldn't hope so. This is really something that is so odd that I have hard time believing it. Do any of you have suggestions as to how I can cope with living across the street from this individual? I have seen some television shows where they reveal things that happened and even their own family didn't believe them until something tragic happened. Sick people in this world. never know who will be living in your neighborhood!

I have done everything to try to discourage them from their interest in my life but still continues.

i live in a mobil home park. there are many rules about noise, dogs, trash, unsightly messes in yards and no one enforces em. then they have the nerve and try to raise the fees.

two neighbors behind me are slobs. trash spilled on ground, lots of stuff (can't even tell what it is) piled up in back patio. the onw next to them had an old boxed springs out there that got wet. then we have the people that think others should be able to share their music.

one thing that seems to help, is these kind of people tend to move out very quickly.

oh well, i am just an old cranky lady. lol chin up all it could be worse. ted bundy could live next door.

babe:wacko::wacko::wacko:

babe

I used to have a neighbor who would sunbathe in MY front yard. I'm not talking about the side of the yard I'm talking about in the MIDDLE of my front yard. Wierd! Thank goodness they moved!

Now, I have one who walks his dog (no leash) and allows it to crap in other peoples yards. I saw the dog the other day start to squat in my yard and I yelled out the front door, "Don't let your dog crap in my yard!" He just called the dog and went on. :angry:

I really envy Suziquzie all out there by herself !

Compost piles work great if made properly and kept up. But even better is the worm box. It is the same as a compost pile, but with the addition of wood chips and maybe some pete moss. Teh redworms consume the wood and vegetable matter, and give off casings that are among the best fertilizers available, period. They are slow release and odorless. In fact, there are companies that cultivate redworms for the casings, and then liquify and sell it.

The reason comercial fertalizers harm the environment is that the nutrients are carried as salts, and can oversalt the land over time, eventually destroying the ability of the soil to support life. Worms provide the nutritional casings, and very quickly. They multiply like crazy, and so as time goes on, they break down the vegetable matter (grass clippings, leaves, crushed egg shells, and vegetable kitchen scraps) even more efficiently. This is a much faster process than normal compost which relies on bacerial agents and insects to do the same job.

Red worms can tolerate more heat than earthworms and nightcrawlers, but the pile still must be turned and kept moist to prevent excessive heat build up and to keep the worms moist (they breathe through their skin and must be moist to survive).

Point these things out to your neighbor. Maybe print some articles off of the internet about redworm boxes and give them to him. It just might mend bad relations, and give you an odor-free alternative to the compost pile, and him, the perfect fertilizer. Then he won't have to purchase the comercial varieties. And that's good for everyone.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Mama and babetoo, you both have it bad too. But your people come and go. This one is here 20 +years. I feel she could afford a much bigger better house but the woman is so possessed that she will not move until she has had her satisfaction of making me move. I cannot afford it like she can. Her husband not only is foreman at big printing company but they own a dart business here also. There was big writeup in newspaper last year that the dart business was of $300,000 value. Can you believe it or was she telling lie like she normally does.

She is in dog rescue group and has heard my brother talk about his daughter having 16 dogs. Then her husband comes over here and tells me that at one time they had '16' dogs you think this was coincidence?

anyway, about the gal sunbathing on the lawn that is really guts. Was she trying to imply she can plop down anywhere she wants? That is hard to understand. But don't these people make you wonder if YOU are NORMAL? T he neighbor on the telephone, her family parks in front of my house rather than in front of their house. That is trying to test me to see if I will say something. I just park down the street in front of someone else's house. What can I do? The people with the mattresses and garbage is really upsetting. To come home to see that or worse have company from church come to the door, guess you can be thankful they don't put the mattress in front of your door. Hard to look at positives when everything around you is like making a mockery of you and your values.

Well I do thank you for your responses cause I know they are sincere and at the same time hurtful. I would not disrespect any of you like that. Why couldn't we all be neighbors? Wouldn't that be okay? I think we are all sensitive and considerate people. Just shame not live in same location.

Thank you all for your time. Will hope your days will get better and mine too.

Goodweed, I will try and do as you suggest. Often I have tried different neighborly suggestions and i never see them being done. He is the other one who is goofy neighbor. One in the front and one in the back.

Back
Top Bottom