Muscle Cramp Relief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night my legs were worse than they have been in a long time, RLS stinks!

Yeah it does !

Give the Ivory soap a try ... it might help. If it doesn't work you can always use it in the shower !

Well I tried both of these and they did not work for me!

I will give each two more tries and then the soap goes back to the bathroom.

I may still keep drinking the pickle juice, I wonder how a kosher dill version of the dirty martini might work! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well it has been about two weeks since I put the bar of Ivory soap into the bed. The first day it was in the bed I had severe cramps in my legs, feet and left hand. A few days later I had the initial feelings that cramps were going to begin, they never did. Nothing in the last week or so!

Maybe it does work!

I usually have a bout of severe cramps on Sundays when I take a nap, following a morning of walking at the local flea market. We'll see how it goes.

How often do I need to replace the bed bar with a fresh one?

It's been a week for me. I've had many mornings with a threat of a cramp that didn't develop.

I'm going to keep my options open.

I'm hoping it will help with my PAD where walking any distance (1/3-1/2 a block) causes severe cramps in my legs.

I've still got to try the shaved soap in socks.

Well Aunt Bea I would say this is great news !! Perhaps it is working for you and that's a relief. I read that you should replace the soap about every month or so.

Zhizara - I'm not sure about PAD.

I know what you both mean about having that feeling a cramp was about to begin but never materialized .. I've had that too.

As for the shavings in the socks .. I did it when I first tried this. I only did it at night and I did it for either 2 or 3 nights - can't recall. Anyway .. it feels really weird but I think it did help. That was when the cramps were horribly bad. Once they eased up and went away I've never even thought about doing the shavings thing again.

I do hope this works for both of you - it is such a great relief not to have those horrid cramps at night anymore.

In fact ... I've noticed that I don't get them during the daytime either !

I used the small holes on my grater and put the bits into a fluffy sock. I could barely feel it.

I used the small holes on my grater and put the bits into a fluffy sock. I could barely feel it.

LOL .. well that was smart - unlike me .. I grabbed a knife and shaved about 1/3 the bar and put it in my socks ... boy it was lumpy !! But it worked. Next time I will take your suggestion !!!

There was one drawback. I wore the socks from yesterday afternoon until I woke up this morning. When I removed them, the bottom of my feet had a coating of soap. My natural heat had pretty much melted it!

MrsLMB many thanks for making the original post!

It has been two and a half months and still no cramps, amazing!

I forgot to ask my doctor about this on my last visit, I need to put it on the list for the next visit, he hates it when I ask him about things like this! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I forgot to ask my doctor about this on my last visit, I need to put it on the list for the next visit, he hates it when I ask him about things like this! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Remind him it's what he went to school for:ROFLMAO: Questions that have no answer.

Well Aunt Bea I am so happy that you are having good results with this.

I also am still having great results. I mentioned it to my Dr at my last visit and she looked at me as though I was speaking in a foreign language :LOL:

Then she said "Well if it works, far be it from me to tell you no. It's not dangerous unless you are eating it of course and I don't believe you can get addicted to it, so keep doing it."

Glad to have helped you !!

Oh! DA drinks the pickle juice. But I'll tell her of the Ivory soap. I love Ivory soap. It's all DA and I use so we have plenty of this.

With love,
~Cat

Two dill pickle dirty, martinis and I wouldn't care if I got leg cramps...some people the soap works, some it doesn't. I knew someone who used Irish Spring and that worked for her. Some swear by Dial soap.
Wonder what this would do for someone in dialysis ? Where would you put it I've tried pickles and find they are wonderful with my sammie at D but other than that my hands still cramp:LOL:
mz

Wonder what this would do for someone in dialysis ? Where would you put it I've tried pickles and find they are wonderful with my sammie at D but other than that my hands still cramp:LOL:
mz

Not sure, Ma! But soap is a cheap trick to play with and see if it works. Good Luck, I know those cramps can be bad.

ALSO, try eating two bananas, one after dinner, one just before bed. Always worked for me.

Yes, Potasium and Magnesium will help with muscle cramping but be sure to check with your Dr.

mz

If your hands cramp at night and you want to experiment, get some of those thin white fabirc gloves and put some shavings of the ivory soap in them and wear them to bed. It might help.

Back
Top Bottom