Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
What is your favorite kinds of music (and I know I have more than one), and what do you like them for? How do you listen?

I really like most music, it's difficult to pick just one thing. We have 24 hour music stations on the TV and it has surround sound, so we play that on whatever station we feel like. I guess I mostly listen to Golden Oldies 50's & 60's and Alternative Rock.

I generally like music that makes me want to move. Much of it is oldies/bubblegum, but also some C&W, some classics (the Valkyries can make me step out), and, of all things, I love polkas. This has been my problem with my new MP3. Getting there, though.

When I want to sleep, it is old crooners and soft classics.

I don't know if I'll ever like a new artist, and believe me, my younger friends have tried. I Want to like them, but for some reason it never "clicks" in my brain.

Music is my favourite kind of music :LOL:

Seriously, my Dad brought me up on big band, Johnny Horton, country (Willie, Waylon and the boys, Jazz, Blues and much more. My sister loved the Beatles and the whole British revolution, Janis Joplin, the Doors, etc. I grew up with a top 40 station and went through all the late 60's to 1980's. In the last 2 decades I have gotten into Contemporary Christian.

And I still like all of it and more! :)

I love a wide range of music :)

My faves are Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating, The Script, Good Charlotte, Adele to name a few

Cajun, pre-'90's country/country rock, Lightfoot and most '70s rock.

I love a wide range of music :)

My faves are Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating, The Script, Good Charlotte, Adele to name a few

I have to laugh at myself. I have no idea who these are. I will go online and see if I can hear some. I don't know if you're that much younger than I or if it is because you're on the other side of the globe, but am curious.

I love music, all of it mostly. I most definitely am a music snob. Can not stand the radio unless its npr. Punk Rock is my favorite music to play as well as listen to. It's energizing and uplifting. And the list goes on: jazz, metal, blues, rock & roll, reggae,pop, electronic, folk, house, ska, hip hop, dance, indi and most of the subgenres associated with them. Anything that makes me wanna move is good music by me. Favorite bands right now are nofx, Man Man, anything by Jack White, Cake, The Heartless Bastards, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Grand Ole Party to name a few.

On a serious note, if you love Jazz and you're a little wierd, give Man Man a try. These guys are writing some of the best music around.

Cheers.

Man, I must be the only one who doesn't really like music. I mean I do like some stuff, but it's hard to find.
I like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Hellbillies, Clutch, Sentenced, Poisonblack, and ofc some Zeppelin, Hendrix etc.

Cajun, pre-'90's country/country rock, Lightfoot and most '70s rock.

Yup, that's my preference too.

Thirties and forties big band. More 'recently' Acker Bilk, Al Hirt and Herb Alpert.
Oh yeah, I like '30s & '40s big band too.

And Django Reinhardt.

I'm like Claire, in that I don't much care for today's artists. Some of the music is okay, but nothing that makes me want to have a copy of it.

I'm pretty eclectic, rock, show tunes, older country, bluegrass, blues, big band, classical, etc.

I don't really follow any artists, I may love one of their albums and hate the next. Whatever music clicks with me at the moment, I like, can be any genre.

If I had to break it down, country would be the older stuff, can't really get into modern country. Rap, not really my thing. I run slacker and Pandora from my phone via blutooth in the car, so I have a wide range to choose from, I match music to my mood.

You Tube seems to be broken today, I can't get anything to load. I was going to show The Muppets doing Bohemian Rhapsody or C is for Cookie by Cookie Monster. Yes, I am easily entertained.

You Tube seems to be broken today, I can't get anything to load. I was going to show The Muppets doing Bohemian Rhapsody or C is for Cookie by Cookie Monster. Yes, I am easily entertained.

Back in my university days, a good friend of mine and I could recite (off key but we new all the words) Bohemian Rhapsody by heart, word for word and all the changes in tempo, etc. If we had a few drinks we would break into it....whether or not the rest of the crowd wanted to listen or not! :ROFLMAO: Freddy Mercury, who was alive then, had nothing to worry about! ;)

I am like others regarding new music, but its not that I don't like it, I just don't know it. I have to say I do like Alicia Keyes and love her "New York".

I also forgot to mention that I use light classical music to do my relaxation exercises and classic rock for my walks.

And as many who know me will attest ANYTHING by Neil Diamond is tops on my list. :wub:

I love Queen, I am also a fan of some of the newer music, just don't know the names of the artists or songs. I hear them on the radio and am lucky if I can remember a phrase long enough to Google it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom