Music you listen to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phantom of the Kitchen

Assistant Cook
I really like listening to music while I cook and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

I *really* like listening to Jack Johnson while I cook; it creates a very chill and great atmosphere while I make some good food! Aside from that it's basically anything that I love...Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Sarah Mclachlan, Miles Davis, etc.

Much love

brad

I generally listen to 80's or country- nothing better than dancing around the kitchen while you're cooking! ( although my kids think I have a problem :wacko:

I listen to alot of different things- I have to say though- I love listening to my daughter sing-she has a classically trained voice and sings arias when she is home and I normally don't particularly like opera. I am still so amazed at the beautiful sound that that 5"2" 100 lb little girl can produce and she's only 18. Ok sorry about the bragging!!!!!

I listen to it all. I need to redo my list of mp3s and post the link. It's eclectic, to say the least, but leans heavily to '80s and early '90s alternative/new wave/dance/etc...

I tend to watch/listen to the TV when I'm in the kitchen, though.

I listen to a lot of different things, but what I listen to the most are jam bands (Phish, Grateful Dead, Medeski Martin and Wood et al.) I love blues, jazz, rock. There is no form of music that I do not appreciate on some level. I would never say I do not like an entire genre. Most rap I am not crazy about, but there is some that I like. I have grown to like county quite a lot and never thought I would. Once I started listening to (and loving bluegrass) enjoying country was just a small step from there.

When cooking, if I am listening to music it is almost always something very upbeat.

I'm a fan of Jack Johnson cooking too. I find it depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Sometimes I like classical with a lot of violin, Lali Puna, White Stripes, Wyclef. O brother is a favorite of mine too! These days, I tend to just listen to my kids though. As much as I'd like to, it's too noisy with kids & music.

70's and 80's rock and a whole lot of country...

Favorite is still John Denver.

I enjoy a pretty eclectic mix of music. Primarily, I listen to country radio... but I also listen to mainstream pop/rock, alternative rock (Offspring), alternative singer/songwriters (Dar Williams). I'm not a fan of rap hip-hop, but some of it is aw'ight. I also like to listen to my collection of Australian rock music.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom