Musings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
We have the stray thoughts thread; we have the gripe threads; We have threads about all kinds of things. If there is already a thread for this, let me know.

My musing thought for today is that I understand why a day with my family is so much better that is a day at work. At work, I solve problems, sometimes vexing problems, while putting up with sarcasm and put downs from the staff around me, who often feel that mean-spirited teasing is the norm, and is funny.

With my kids, and grandkids, everyone is just enjoying each other's company, and working on making life more enjoyable, for each other, for the grandkids, and trying to find ways to improve. It's uplifting, not something that drags you down, like at work.

There's a reason that I'm a family man. There's a reason why I try to treat others with courtesy and respect. There's a reason why my most important task in life is to give everything I have to those that I love. I get it all back, multiplied.

I try to do the same at work. However, most of what is given is taken, and always, always, always, it's never enough. I have a saying about most jobs. The employer will take everything you can give, and more, until they have taken everything, and left only an empty shell, if you let them.

This thread is for deeper thinking. What moves you to be who you are? How do you cope, or even succeed in life. What is important to you?

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We have the stray thoughts thread; we have the gripe threads; We have threads about all kinds of things. If there is already a thread for this, let me know.

My musing thought for today is that I understand why a day with my family is so much better that is a day at work. At work, I solve problems, sometimes vexing problems, while putting up with sarcasm and put downs from the staff around me, who often feel that mean-spirited teasing is the norm, and is funny.

With my kids, and grandkids, everyone is just enjoying each other's company, and working on making life more enjoyable, for each other, for the grandkids, and trying to find ways to improve. It's uplifting, not something that drags you down, like at work.

There's a reason that I'm a family man. There's a reason why I try to treat others with courtesy and respect. There's a reason why my most important task in life is to give everything I have to those that I love. I get it all back, multiplied.

I try to do the same at work. However, most of what is given is taken, and always, always, always, it's never enough. I have a saying about most jobs. The employer will take everything you can give, and more, until they have taken everything, and left only an empty shell, if you let them.

This thread is for deeper thinking. What moves you to be who you are? How do you cope, or even succeed in life. What is important to you?

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

i like to mean spiritedly tease people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom