My Best Friend Passed Away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
I don't usually put my personal stuff out there, but, this hit me hard. I've seen many posts asking for prayers, and how tragic it is when a 'celebrity' passes on and all that he/she has contributed to the world/community. This personal loss is far more devastating to me. I have so many mixed emotions right now, so please forgive me if it comes spilling out.

My friend's husband called me this morning, beside himself, & bless his heart, thought to call me and tell me my friend/his long-time partner had passed away. I am trying to put my emotions on hold, and thought, should I have asked him if there is something I can do. He was very rushed on the phone, and told me he is planning funeral arrangements at Forest Lawn, and waiting for call backs. I am very sorry, but I'm blown away right now - running the gamut of emotions. She suffered with a long-time battle of alcoholism, and had a heart attack, even with a pacemaker. Sometimes life baffles me. What can I do, say, to help him? I know he is hurting.

Last edited:
Be there for him Mish... tell him that you love them both.
Extra hugs always help.

I'm sending one to you.

Aww, Mish. I'm so so sorry!!
You can ask him if you can help with arrangements or cooking or just being there for him. It's always nice to have someone there, even if you don't talk, just sit together or hold his hand.
I don't know what to say. I wish we were closer to each other!! Big hug to you Mish!!

I'm sorry to hear that mish. My thoughts are with you. I agree with pdswife that you need to let him know that you're there for him... and not just now, cause he might just think that's what people "say". Say it now, and remind him again a little later.

oh (((MISH))) I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.Life just sucks sometimes but, it's all part of the journey.Sometimes there are no words to say but, just a comforting hug and sometimes just sharing the good memories is comforting- I'm just talking from my own experieince-everyone is different. If you feel up to it-writing down all the things you loved about your friend and even the things that upset you but, because of your love for her you were able to forgive her and love her with all her faults.As much as her husband is suffering this tragedy - so are you and I hope you can find love, peace and comfort in all of us here who care what you are going through. With much love and energy, Vicki

Mish, I'm sorry to hear... I wish you much power and strength to get over this....
Let him know you will be there for him, but please don't force on him... he will let you know if he needs you..

Oh my Mish. I am so very truly sorry about your loss.
Just be there for him and offer support or help in any way
you can. That's really all you can do in this point of time
right now.

my deepest sympathies mish. i'm truely sorry for your loss. i will say a special prayer for your friend, and hope that the coming days will pass quickly for you.

My deepest sympathies are with you Mish. Her husband is fortunate to have someone like you around, it is times like this when it hits you how important it is to have a true friend, and find out who is a true friend to you... It helps both of you to be there for each other, it gives you the strength and comfort that you need so much right now... ((hugs))

Mish I am so deeply sorry for your loss!!! If you need an ear to bend, feel free to send me a PM. You have a very large supposrt group here.

mish said:
I don't usually put my personal stuff out there, but, this hit me hard. I've seen many posts asking for prayers, and how tragic it is when a 'celebrity' passes on and all that he/she has contributed to the world/community. This personal loss is far more devastating to me. I have so many mixed emotions right now, so please forgive me if it comes spilling out.

My friend's husband called me this morning, beside himself, & bless his heart, thought to call me and tell me my friend/his long-time partner had passed away. I am trying to put my emotions on hold, and thought, should I have asked him if there is something I can do. He was very rushed on the phone, and told me he is planning funeral arrangements at Forest Lawn, and waiting for call backs. I am very sorry, but I'm blown away right now - running the gamut of emotions. She suffered with a long-time battle of alcoholism, and had a heart attack, even with a pacemaker. Sometimes life baffles me. What can I do, say, to help him? I know he is hurting.

Mish, my thoughts and prayers are with you dear one.... so very hard. Be strong and be there for him, it will help.

Mish, I am so sorry to hear about your best friend, this must be a terrible shock for you and her husband. I've said a prayer for you and yours. We'll be here for you if you need us.

So sorry mish, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Losing a friend is not easy to deal with, I have been there, nothing is that comforting, one just wants their friend back. They say time eases the pain, It takes a looooooooong time.My advise is to think of how your friend would like you to remember them and , and what she would have loved you to be doing while she isn't with you anymore.It will take a while, but you will get there, you will still miss her many many years later, but you will be able to cope better over the years.be strong, but don't be afraid to cry and ask for support.

Mish, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know this must be a shock for you. If I can do anything (I listen real good), please let me know. I will say a prayer for you and your friend's husband. Take comfort in knowing she is in such a wonderful place right now.

Mish, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I can only try to imagine how you feel, certainly an empty place in your heart when something like this happens. I would hope remembering the good times will comfort you somewhat.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[MISH]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

My heart goes out to you and your friend's partner. I know how hard a time this is for both of you. Close your eyes and think of what your friend would have wanted you to to for him and for yourself. Then do it.

Hugs and prayers to you.

J

Mish,
I'm so sorry about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your friend's husband. Be there for your friend in any way you can. Hugs and prayers are going your way.

Back
Top Bottom