My cat and me 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
y'all were so nice before on this..

I inhereted my Mothers old cat, he's at least 15, probably more..

it took Him 2 years, but I think he's decided living with 2 boys is OK.. and has just taken over the house!

but he used to sit in the guest bedroom bed/ window all day, watching cars and dogs go by..

now, he decided he likes my bed better, and won't leave my room all day!

is this normal? he has bright eyes and the vet says" he's just fine for an old cat" here is a pix of Him after he was sleeping in my garden all day! Ha Ha

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx

I wouldn't worry, but I've never owned a CAT BEFORE.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 155
Don't worry. Cats choose places as their own, like a dresser drawer, a closet, a bed. They stay there for awhile, then find a new place. And he probably feels safe in your room - he is a senior kitty after all. I'm thinking maybe he is yawning, not hissing...right? He looks alot my my sweet Negro Gato - the best cats I've ever had have been black cats. Love 'em.

I don't know Karen, I've got 5 indoor, 2 outdoor, and three refugees that visit here. That looks like hissing to me. I love my Boogity, he's a black kitty, but that look on that cat is "I'm peeves, leave me alone."

I am reluctantly acknowledging that you are probably right, Callisto...but you know me: the perennial optimist. I always look on the bright side until proven otherwise (which happens quite alot, actually). LOL

ha ha, I like that pix..

not a Hiss, but more of a Big Giant "MEOW.. and "where's my snax!"

that was a lucky picture, but he is quite old, and he sleeps "very hard" in my garden in the sun..

so I sort of "poked him" to wake him up .. and he did look a "little peaved" but I gave him his snack..

I think he has arthritus, because he walks very slowly, so I built him some small "stairs" so he could climb up onto my bed..

and now he's on my pillow all the time..

He's very quite at night untill about 5am and then he just slowly starts "meowing" untill I get up and feed him and let him out back again...then it's off to my garden again!

what a Hoot!

Thanks, Eric, Austin, Tx.

I am reluctantly acknowledging that you are probably right, Callisto...but you know me: the perennial optimist. I always look on the bright side until proven otherwise (which happens quite alot, actually). LOL
Oh, Sweetie, I know you're an optimist but and that's a wonderful balance to my pessimist. With that said, that is not a happy cat. I love kitties, I've had WAY WAY WAY too many, and I know when a kitty is way not happy.

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx

I wouldn't worry, but I've never owned a CAT BEFORE.

Lol Eric, You still don't OWN a cat. Most cat people will tell you that cats own people; people don't own cats :). I wouldn't worry about him choosing to sleep in your bed all day. Cats usually have one "chosen person" who they love and dote on, and they think everybody else can kiss their grits :LOL:. He probably hangs out in your bed because he likes your smell and feels comfortable/safe there. Also, once they get that age, pretty much all they want to do is eat, sleep, and meander around the house and yard a little. He looks healthy to me--nice teeth :LOL:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry if the vet says the cat is fine. My cats pick different rooms and places to sleep, they don't stick with only one spot. Do you have cat toys for him to play with ? My cats favor ping pong balls to bat around and little fake mice. Of course the toys get batted under the furniture .;)
All 6 cats are indoor cats, it is safer for them and all have their claws.

I have 6 indoor cats and all sleep at different times in different places in the house. Cats do like their naps. :)

Does he hiss at you often like that? That's not normal.

I don't know, but looks normal to me:LOL:. My Dad had a Burmese (died and gone to kitty heaven 2 years ago) that would look and do worse than that if you got between her and her Daddy. She absolutely despised my sister and me, but tolerated Mom because she fed her. She is the only cat that we've had that I've seen throw a major temper tantrum if she didn't get her way. She absolutely hated my younger brothers step-kids. Every time they would come over she would go hide under our parents bed and hiss and growl the whole time they were there (and I'm talking about well behaved kids who knew the difference between acting up and being polite. They were some of the most behaved kids I'd seen in quite some time). She had Dad wrapped around her little claw. It's taken Dad a while to get over her death, and he's now talking about getting another Burmese. I just hope the next one will allow family members close. If I had a picture I would post it to show you one of her famous hissing poses.

i think he looks just fine. my thomas is only four years old but he naps a lot. sometimes in the linen closet......sometimes on top shelf of a hutch in my sewing room. also in this own little bed and on my bed as well. cats just sleep a lot. as they get older they sleep more. if vet says he is ok i wouldn't worry at all.

Hey Erik, we have an arthritic 17 year old kitty and we just started giving her Metacam once a day and what a DIFFERENCE! She is getting around better, being more active and clearly feeling LOTS better. Ask your vet about it. Its a wonderful pain reliever.

Eric, you're being a good kitty "daddy" and I'm absolutely certain the kitty appreciates that you are providing a loving and safe home.

As kitties get older they slow down and sleep more. And they change their favorite places often.

Just love him. Yep, as someone else said, YOU never own a cat. THEY own you, but it's wonderful. They add a depth to our lives and make us softer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom