My Daughter Is Reading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My daughter has a favorite book of the week. It is called "Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus". It is a very cute book she has had us read it to her every night for the past week. The last few nights though instead of us reading to her she has read to us. She has read the entire book. Of course most of it is memorization, but not all of it. She actually is reading somewhat.

Well today she asked if she could bring the book into school and read to her class. The teachers were all for it so she got up in front of all her classmates and 3 teachers and the owner of the school and read the whole book to them. She did not miss a single word. To say I am proud of her would be an understatement :mrgreen:

That's great! Your kids will really surprise you sometimes with what they have stowed in those little noggins of theirs. Never, ever try and skip a couple of pages (trying to hurry and get the kiddo to go to sleep :brows:) in a book that they have read a million times. They'll call you on it every time! :LOL:

LOL yep that is very true Cooksie. We learned long ago that we can not skip pages, even on a book she has only heard once, over a year ago. We don't even try anymore :LOL:

Ah, GB, what a treasure she is. I would guess she could read from a book that is new to her. Maybe not every word but many..Good for her, one smart little cookie..Tell her BRAVA
kades

That's great GB!! They grow up so fast....Before you know it she'll be driving all by herself....At least she learned at an early age not to let the Pigeon drive!;)

How old is she now? Around 14 or 15?
You would think so. She is already picking out which college she wants to attend. She is going to major in veterinary medicine with a minor in being a gas station attendant. In all honesty though, I will be very surprised if she does not end up on the stage somehow. She is constantly performing and loves to direct too. She comes up with the most elaborate scenes that we all need to act out every day.

One a completely different subject, just thought I would share this funny one. She put a sign up on her door last night that said "Keep Out Osher" " I Love You Osher". At least she is telling him in a somewhat nice way to stay out of her room ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like yo have your hands full!

When our girls were little, we had to sit through many "shows". They loved to perform. All that's lost with age though.

You're lucky to be enjoying this time with your family.

Hands full for sure. Between her intelligence and his brute force we are exhausted both mentally and physically all the time. It is the best feeling in the world though.

Back
Top Bottom