My daughter just freaked me out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to mention night terrors also. It would only take 5-10 minutes after my ds would go to sleep that he would have them. Some nights they would last 15 minutes. They freaked me out. You just have to let them talk it out. My ds had them from the age of 2 til about 10. We would try to hold him down when he got really bad and he was bigger than I am. It was really a struggle. The doctor had told me he would be over it by the time he turned 5........that didn't happen. Fortunately he is 18 now and hasn't had them in some time.

Barb

I just tend to believe when it is totally out of character.
One morning, when my oldest use to have to get up at 5 am to get on the bus, I would normally get up with him and watch bump in the night on nick in the morning. Well, I woke up when I heard him talking. Then as I was getting in there, the bus got there, he was looking at the couch dead in his tracks and turned slowly towards me and said, mom, you were just here, right? I said no, I just got up. He was WHITE and then had to go catch the bus. Well, when he came home, we went to pick up my youngest and as I did, he told me about sitting there and talking to me. He said I asked him about his bad dream, which had woke him up and he had told me about it and I told him that it would be okay, that he would sleep better tonight. Well, my youngest was in the back seat and quietly said, momma, that wasn't you? He was pale and shaking and tears were at the rim of his eyes. This is not anything like them, at all!! It never happened again and never before that. That house is the only one that, while taking pics of the before and after, one room had the white smoke around it. No other room did. No sun out to glare and no mirrors or anything to cause this. Other weird things happened there, but, were small. My son had dreams about my mom that night. He was only 5 when she died, he barely remembers her at all. But, the voice, he said, sounded like me and I'm the one that has the same tone as my mom. Coincidence or not, I don't know, it's the only time this ever happened around me and I'm not the kind of person to talk about these things. I just don't turn my back when I hear things like this from children. Now days, I wouldn't believe my boys, they would LOVE to do something to freak me out, but, not back then.

I actually completely relate....I have pics also of a couple of perfect orbs next to her that I know were not reflections, and in each picture that the orbs are in my little one is looking right at it....also when she was very little she would out of the clear blue lift her arms up to the wall or nothing in particular as if she was asking to be picked up. Another time she was half awake smiling trying to hug the air over and over.....I just chaulked it up as a guardian angel since she never seemed frightened.

I'm sure tonight was most likely a dream....just caught me off guard how persistant she was.

as for the possibility of her sleep walking....thats why I keep her baby gate up in her doorway. I am alsways paranoid she will wake up half asleep and go too close to the stairs...she has never tried to climb it thank goodnes!

awwww but shes so pretty! :) and I'm not even sure she was pointing at the doll...I'll see what happens. Oh and for the record shes not the type of doll where her eye lids move....shes completely hand painted

Might not even be the doll. Do you have a nightlight in your daughter's room? As a child, I remember seeing shadows in my room that scared the beejeepers out of me. Perhaps, there's a play on light/shadows that caused your daughter's episode. In a semi-sleep state, our minds can play tricks on us.

Last edited:
Yes she has a night light, and this was basically the first time for her. Her night terrors ended a long time ago (well at least 6-8 months ago) and were very different from tonight, when she would have night terrors she was obviously asleep tonight she was awake. Also it was more of her hearing something which I can understand since she sleeps on her stomach so she wouldnt have been facing the closet area.

One time when I was a kid, I was on a trip to my grandparents house. That night I dreamed that I woke up in the middle of the night and peed in my suitcase. The next morning, all my clothes smelled like pee... I've never told anybody that story before...

One time when I was a kid, I was on a trip to my grandparents house. That night I dreamed that I woke up in the middle of the night and peed in my suitcase. The next morning, all my clothes smelled like pee... I've never told anybody that story before...

My son did that all the time!! We always had to watch him. He walked in his sleep all the time. He would go in the corner of his room, his closet, the hallway.............:huh:
We were told it was part of him being ADHD. Not all do it, but, some do.

when a was younger i had a small stuffed animal that spoke when you poked it's belly. i was sleeping one night and i heard it go off across the room. I shared a room with my mom at the time so I screamed for her and when she woke up the toy stopped talking. I told her what happened and she just told me to knock it off and go back to sleep. before she could finish her sentence though, the toy started up again. freaked her out more than it did me! We figured out later that the batteries were dying but that didnt stop me from ripping the doll to peices before i threw it out the next morning. :)

Gee, I am surprised that so many are placing so much emphasis on the doll. I would either create my own monster be gone spray or buy the product and make a big production before bed time, spraying (gee, it could be air freshener) all around and telling your sweetie, there now there will be no more monsters or anything scary in your bedroom again and that mommy and daddy are in the other room.

Oh my oh my, I am scared reading all the posts!! And I am alone at home tonight! I used to be afraid of dolls when I was a little girl (must have been one of those scary doll movies)...:ohmy:

I swear that doll was staring at me as I walked out the room!!!:wacko::huh::ohmy:

Hmmmm any one have the number to Ghost Busters??:eek:

When I was 9, we had a rather large earthquake while I was at school. I came home early and camped out in the den with my mother and brother while my dad stayed at work. My mother agreed that my brother and I should sleep downstairs, in case of an aftershock she'd rather we were downstairs, and us too.

I had to go up to my room to get my jammies on. I went up, stuck my arm through the door, scared as all hell, and flipped on the light. The first thing I saw as I peeked my head through was the porcelain doll my aunt had given me, sitting atop the shelp in the corner of the room, STARING AT ME. Scared the living bajeezus out of me. Today I can still remember, the look. Horrible.

Back
Top Bottom