My dog is on her last legs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When this mortality is over, and we all have passed over to the other side, I will have deer freinds to shake hands with, to hug, and to laugh with. I may never get the chance to meet many of you in person, while here in mortality, but we will meet. You are my brothers and sisters, and I will know you. My spirit will call out in recognition and joy.

Thank all of you for your heart-felt compassion. Now, go and give your prayers and love to Marge. Kaysee is at the end of her days, and there is nothing left to do but say goodbye. John still has a fighting chance.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

(((GoodWeed and family)))I am sorry that Kaysee is coming to the end of her physical life and I know you are doing everything to give her all the comfort and love you can.I wish you much love and energy.Vicki

My sincere sympathies, Goodweed. We lost our dog 3 years ago and still miss her. As my friend told us, you give new meaning to the term "lucky dog"

I grew up almost literally, at at times literally, in a zoo.

Was taught to deal with animals, from poisonous snakes to jaguars (and we had both in our house, believe it or not) since I was weaned.

And have had to put down many animals, yes personally. No I am not a vet but we had the stuff available to us.

Always was very sad when we had to put one down.

But there are times when it is the kindest thing to do.

My fil refused to do so, have seen a once robust, and nasty, cat, a shell of itself, pulling itself across the floor with its forelegs, the poor animal's hind legs no longer being functional.

Fil refused to put it to sleep even though it was clearly in pain.

He thought he was being kind, he was not. He just could not deal with the reality that death is something that awaits us all, and euthanasia for animals at times is appropriate and kind.

The cocktail the vets use today is very fast and painless.

It is always difficult to lose a pet but knowing when to end the pain is part of the obligation one accepts when taking on the care of an animal.

Just my take on things. Am sorry to hear about your dog.

GW... I'm sorry to read about Kaysee... it hurts my heart to know that you are having to face this. I love my pets as if they are members of the family, then are little individuals in my family and are always considered in every decision made. With that said, I will pray for Kaysee, I pray that she is healed, but if that is not the case, I pray for a peaceful passing, for both her and your family GW. It is not easy... see my avatar?? I had to put him down 3 years ago and it was not easy. Please keep us posted, you know we are here for you.

:( :( GW,I really can not say anymore because I know how hard this is for you and your family and there is not more I can say to make it easier .Yet I and the rest of us pet lovers cry with you and send our prayers.There is a place for our little friends as their souls are too pure to not go some where wonderful.Again I am so so sorry!JP
Hang in there!You know we are with you all the way!

For Kaysee

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep.

I pray for bones and smelly things,
And posh couches with good springs.

I pray for gourmet doggy snacks,
And someone to scratch my back.

For good trees and lots of walks,
For garden beds and chewy stalks.

I pray I'll always stay real cool,
And keep the secret canine rule.

To never tell humans and mogs,
The world is really ruled by Dogs"

I feel so sad to hear about Kaysee

I hope things change for the better for your dog between now and Monday.

Bones are not digestible, as much as they love their bones. We stopped giving our dog marrow bones from the market because they would chip and he would eat it, and suffer with bowel problems the next day. He only gets dry dog food now, and fruits, vegetables that are safe for dogs to eat. No grapes or raisins! (toxic to dogs).

Oh Goodweed...I am so sorry to hear that!:cry: Death is always a hard thing whether it be your pet o r a family member. I couldn't imagine life without my three babies. :unhappy: We are all here for you if and when you need to let the tears flow. She seemed to live a great life and she will remember you as giving her that. She'll never forget you! I hope things go well and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.:kiss:

I am sorry to hear about your dog!
I understand the agony you must be feeling. I had a similiar situation with one of my "babies".
Thank you for being such a loving pet owner!!!!! Your dog is very lucky to have you as a friend!

Goodweed, I understand how you feel knowing that anytime your pet dog is going to leave you. It's always hard to part with a loved one especially one who is a great companion to you. Just hoping against hope that a great miracle could happen!!

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Having just lost one to a ruptured spleen the memory is still too recent and I know how you feel. The decision you make should be carried out quickly for the pet's comfort.

You kept saying bones. Pork chop I believe. I don't even have to ask, they were cooked weren't they. I'm surprised they only caused a blockage. One should never feed cooked bones to their dog (or cat). Cooked bones can splinter and can't be digested. Raw bones of any kind are OK, but if your pet isn't used to them they might give some pets the runs if only given sporadically.
I know this is a cooking forum, but for those that don't realize, those smoked bones that are becoming so popular as retail items in pet stores are also a cooked bone. Smoking is cooking after all. So if you give your pet those, please stop.

Sorry to hear your news, Goodweed. It's a heartbreaking situation.

I'm about to get a dog in the next few months, and I've learnt a lot from reading this thread. Our local vets even sell all those things like pig's ears, chews and those rope and twisted cotton toys. I always thought the toys were good for the animals teeth - a kind of tooth brush and a bit of fun exercise. If vets sell them, how are we supposed to know they're not good for animals?

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since my heart is still so raw from having our beloved Skeeter put down but I realized that it wasn't fair. You all were so good to me.

Goodweed, we all do the best we can with the resources that we have. You know Kaysee had a wonderful life with you and she'll be free of her pain. omg, how it hurts to lose a pet...but she can't live in misery. I kept Skeeter alive at least a month too long because I selfishly wanted to keep him by me.

I feel so very sorry for you and I have tears in my eyes, too.

<Rainbow Bridge>

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown... [/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom