My First Story!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
I joined the writing forum Joyce is in and I posted my first story! She was made of Mentor there. A Mentor is one who helps others and welcomes new people, they are as of ambassadors.

She is not allowed to critique of me for it could be of favoritism as they know I am here with her. But I thought perhaps to share this here also. A nice man in their chat room encouraged of me to write of this, and I did! This is very exciting! Hairball is her name there.

The Accident
I am not a type of person who is careless or negligent of other peoples' properties. When something not of mine is entrusted to my care, I try very hard to be very careful of it.

My Mamma and I are staying with Hairball in her home. She gave me her car to use, as long as I took her to her work and returned her home. It is an old car but it is very nice. As I went to the store after leaving HB at Walmart, I came back here.

There had been much snow which had turned of ice. I went too fast of the driveway, the car slid upon the ice and I could not stop it and I drove her car through the garage door of their home and ruined it. I was very terrified, for I knew the garage was her cats' places of food, water, and litterboxes. I got out of the car and sank upon my knees. I was crying, and I was so afraid to look under the car for I thought perhaps I had killed some of her cats.

But I did look and I didn't see any little cats' bodies there. I looked at her car and her headlights and that grill was all broken of the front. Her husband came to see of the noise and I was so very frightened of what he could say. Mamma came after him also, and I was so very frightened and the worse of it was of being irresponsible.

It was very hard for to understand how I could be so careless. They were very happy I was unharmed, HB's husband said he could fix of the damage but I was very frightened of what Hairball would say and I felt so very badly. She takes such very good care of her car and I had ruined it. The garage door was all smashed and pieces of it were all about the floor. HB's husband backed up the car into the driveway and went to a place and bought some wood to nail it upon the frame of the garage door.

Hairball was not angry. Her husband had to go bring her home and I started crying again when she saw of the damage I had done. I was so shamed.

Hairball just looked at me and gave me a hug. She said, "Crap like this can be replaced. You can't be replaced, honey. As long as you're okay, I don't care about anything else."

She allowed me to fix her car and replace the garage door and she still allows me to use her car. I learned of humility, of responsibility and of Americans who are kind and forgiving.

I shall always feel badly of this but I have learned a great lesson.

Love,
~Cat

The Accident

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom