My food turned out great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
All my Christmas day food turned out great!!!

Weeeee!!!!!

Mel

Congrat's Mel. Hey I just tried that bread recipe from Good Eats I attched to the bread thread you had. It turned out great... give it a try.

Happy New Year,

JDP

I will JDP

I made some more fruit bread, today and it turned out to be the best fruit bread, i ever made.
I kept the oven full of steam, like one does with French bread. I think this technique makes all types of bread better.
And the crust of the bread used to be so crusty, that it was a danger to dental work. I discovered, that if i rub flour over the bread, before baking, the crustiness is crusty, rather than hard.
Baking is realatively new, for me. I learned to cook all kinds of other things, before i even attempted to bake.

Mel

That's great! Congratulation!! It always gives you a little confidence boost when things work out really well! :)

Wonderful news Mel that your Christmas dishes turned out well! You can give yourself a pat on the back!!

Thanks Mrs Cuillo

Next comes the New Years food planning.
But, it should turn out well, because i make the same thing, for dinner, every year. I always make fondau, on New Years Eve. It is a long and relaxing thing to eat, while waiting for midnight.

Mel

Mel! said:
I will JDP

I made some more fruit bread, today and it turned out to be the best fruit bread, i ever made.
I kept the oven full of steam, like one does with French bread. I think this technique makes all types of bread better.
And the crust of the bread used to be so crusty, that it was a danger to dental work. I discovered, that if i rub flour over the bread, before baking, the crustiness is crusty, rather than hard.
Baking is realatively new, for me. I learned to cook all kinds of other things, before i even attempted to bake.

Mel

Me too Mel!. I have always been a fan of top part of Stove/Oven appliance as well as the grill and the smoker. I was never a big fan of measuring things when I cooked. It wasn't till last fall that I started working with the box on the bottom half. Since then I have gone through more yeast and flour then I have in the past 30 years. I just made some Amish Freindship bread and it turned out great too.

Enjoy your journey,

JDP

Yes, i will pat myself on the back and brag some more.

Yeah, baking is not the impossibly complicated thing i thought it was.
I got a waffle maker for Christmas. I never made waffles before, so another new thing to learn.

Back
Top Bottom