My house smells like Thanksgiving already!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Oh my goodness, I'm making a loaf of turkey stuffing bread...my house smells like Thanksgiving already!

Bread Machine Turkey Stuffing Bread Recipe from CDKitchen.com

I used 2 c ww flour, 1 c AP (my bread machine makes 1.5 or 2 lb loaves, went with 1.5). 1 c buttermilk. I also added about 1/4 c frozen, chopped cranberries, and used fresh parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, a pinch of garlic powder, and a homemade poultry seasoning. Black pepper.

If you ever want your house to smell like Thanksgiving, make a loaf of this! I came across recipes on the Internet for the same/similar using the FP or stand mixer, btw. I just have so many things on the go today, I opted for the bread machine to make my dough for me.

Oh I do wish we could all come over to smell your house. LOL. I just love the smell of Thanksgiving!!! Lucky you!

Right back at you, Rock! It is baking now...it probably would make a great kaiser roll or maybe even a pita pocket bread for turkey sandwiches. I guess there's no point in putting the bread machine back in the basement...I suspect I'll be using it again for another batch Tuesday morning...dang, I miss my digital camera!

Oh I do wish we could all come over to smell your house. LOL. I just love the smell of Thanksgiving!!! Lucky you!
Too bad web technology has not advanced enough to send the smell of Thanksgiving (or Christmas, or the first snow fall, or spring rain or puppy breath!) over the Internet...well, maybe not puppy breath...

I'm thinking a pan of water with some poultry seasoning simmering could make the house smell nice. Of course, there would be nothing to eat...it would just be a teaser.

I'm thinking a pan of water with some poultry seasoning simmering could make the house smell nice. Of course, there would be nothing to eat...it would just be a teaser.

That sounds like something a turkey might do, just before he made his escape out the kitchen door! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Aunt Bea said:
That sounds like something a turkey might do, just before he made his escape out the kitchen door! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh Aunt Bea, you are funny!!!

I elected to do ham this year but now am thinking of doing a small turkey too... my fellow Canucks are tantalizing me with visions of Thanksgiving wafting through their houses. What's wonderful to me about Thanksgiving turkey (or Christmas or Easter) is that a few hours later it is back on the stove (the carcass anyway) in a pot of water again filling the home with the awesome aroma of turkey and the promise of an awesome stock the next day. :yum:

I just washed all my floors, counters, bathroom fixtures, etc., with Pine-Sol, so my house smells like Christmas!

pine-tree.jpg

So if I clean from top to bottom using the Lilac Pine-Sol in January, I can fast forward to spring and skip the rest of winter? YIPPEE!!

In your mind? Of course!

I didn't say my house was Christmas (I'm a Buddhist so I don't even celebrate Christmas). I just said it SMELLED like Christmas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom