My Job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Sush (my favorite cat has your handle and she's fought many odds and I know that you will, too)

Some of the most successful people in life have started out and failed in sales and other ventures and yet went on to bigger and better things. Never let a failure at one company define your worth or impact your ego negatively. So what-----you weren't a perfect fit. Good-----then you can move on and you both can stop wasting each other's time. Yeah, there are crummy bosses, supervisors, etc., coworkers, out there. Give yourself time to rant, rave, grieve (if the job meant that much to you) pound a pillow, cry, and then pick yourself up and move on. It's not the end of the world. Believe me there are FAR BETTER things out there. If you have to go back to school or get more on the job skills---go for it. Keep us posted--we're thinking about you!!

I am sorry Sush but,
1) No corporation is loyal, I have been at it a long time and I have found out one thing: A job is what it is because of who you are, you are NOT who you are because of a job!

2) God NEVER shuts one door without opening another, they may not happen in our time but God's timing is perfect!

Hold your head high, you are a child of the King of the universe, he will not put more on you than you can handle.

I am new here but, I have seen the way people respond to you, it is very obvious that you have allot to offer!

(((Sush)) I'm sorry to hear that you were let go-I hope whatever is waiting for you on this journey shows up real soon and is more than you couls ever expect.Love and energy, Vicki

DANG IT!!
I'm so sorry Sush!! Your perfect job will come soon. Your too good of a person for someone not to snatch you up before long!!

Sush; You know how I feel about this. Losing a job stinks. I know what it's like to be without work, especially when others are depending on you. But there really are a bunch of jobs out there.

This is the time to step back and do a careful, but quick self-evaluation. Identify your strengths, and make sure that your eval. includes your passions. This could be a great time to get training through jobs programs that will help you attain the kind of job you would love to do.

I have been reasonbly successful in life, but have rarely really enjoyed my job. As I look back, I wish I'd not been so stuck on the world of high tech. Though I do enjoy the field, and love working with people, the kind of areas I am comfortable living in do not offer the kind of tech jobs I would enjoy. I love creative things and would enjoy research. But instead, I make telephone systems work. I'm a tech.

If I could do it over again, I'd get into a cullinary school, not for the purpose of being a fancy chef, but so that I could combine it with my love a helping others and teach others how to be chefs.

I'm not proposing you follow my wants, simply that you identify what it is that you would truly love doing for a job, then, develop a workable plan to get employed in that field.

I won't wish you luck, becasue lady luck can deliver in either direction. Rather, I look forward to hearing about your successes because I know you have the skill and tenacity to succeed.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

hugs & luv, sush. ring me if you want; we could chit-chat 'bout cheery stuff. like food & our felines.:)

DS, I know it is hard, have been there.

Was fired at a time I had very few job prospects.

My dismal prospects impelled me to become very active in searching for a new job.

Spent many many hours searching for possible employers, writing the letters, making the calls, all things that I find very hard to do.

But I found, after a long search, a job that is many fold better than the one I had before.

There were times when I felt it was a hopeless search, and was terribly distraught, as you must be.

But kept at it and found found a fine place for me (nothing is perfect).

My message, and can only mirror the thoughts of the many who think so highly of you here, is don't lose heart.

Get up every morning with the idea that this may be the day.

With a positive attitude you cannot lose.

And my heart felt wishes are with you.

Sushi, I am sorry to hear this news. I know it is not easy to know that there is something better waiting for you, that is why I am reminding you. I'm sorry - don't let you know who steal your joy - look for the blessing waiting for you.

jeez, sush, I've been away and had not realized what was going on with you.

Being in sales sucks, at least IMO. I don't understand why iti's important to be charming to ***holes.

Best of wishes in finding something that really fits well. It's out there. A nice guy like you will find your path.

Sushi, We are praying and hoping you are at work as I am typing this.
Let us know how its going and remember you have so many friends from around this world pulling for you :chef:.
Besides this is going to be a Great Year for us Brother, We are going to be screaming at the top of our Lungs in October CUBS WIN CUBS WIN The WORLD SERIES.
2007 is our Year !!!! :cool:

Attachments

• Alfonso Soriano.jpg
    Alfonso Soriano.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Felix Pie.JPG
    Felix Pie.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 6014.jpeg
    6014.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 46
  • GRl8wVcG.jpeg
    GRl8wVcG.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 46
  • Lou P.jpg
    Lou P.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing324
Good luck Sush. I hope this leads to something you will love. What do you really want to do?

I think he always wanted to be an astronaut - right, DS? ;)

Well some time in the International SPace Station would give me time to think. :-p
Thank you ALL for some VERY VERY great words.... prayers and thoughts. :wub: I look at this thread to cheer me up.
So far the company I was with is fighting me on my Unemployment. :ermm: :(
We shall see what goes on soon I hope.
Maidrite, thank you my friend. Alas, Im a White Sox fan. :whistling

Awwww, Sush - I've been busy for the past week or so & missed your original post. I am so sorry. Please keep us posted - there are a lot of people here who care for you & want to know how things are going for you - I guess you've figured that out by now!

Corinne

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Well some time in the International SPace Station would give me time to think. :-p
Thank you ALL for some VERY VERY great words.... prayers and thoughts. :wub: I look at this thread to cheer me up.
So far the company I was with is fighting me on my Unemployment. :ermm: :(
We shall see what goes on soon I hope.
Maidrite, thank you my friend. Alas, Im a White Sox fan. :whistling

If things get tight, you can count on me for $20. I think you would make an excellent Pampered Chef. You have so much gusto for life and so much caring for others.

Back
Top Bottom