My laptop is bulging!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
The battery is swollen inside and the touch pad area of the laptop is getting deformed. It doesn't even sit square on my desk anymore.
Is it getting ready to explode in my face? I am posting this from my bulging laptop.

It could ignite or explode or leak. Change the battery ASAP to avoid damage to the laptop and its owner.

My old MacBook had the battery under the touchpad. It swelled to the point the touchpad didn't work right.

Roadfix, I'm hoping that this is a prank? If not, please!!! for your safety! Turn it off and put it in a place that should it explode will do the least damage.

Do you know what battery acid burns look like? Not nice/comfortable/barely bearable. They hurt.

I have never heard of this before. Please be safe.

Once it cools down... do not turn it back on but take it to a shop that could maybe extract what you would like to save. and then... I don't know... maybe buy a new one? They're getting cheaper all the time.

It could ignite or explode or leak. Change the battery ASAP to avoid damage to the laptop and its owner.

My old MacBook had the battery under the touchpad. It swelled to the point the touchpad didn't work right.

Better yet, if the laptop is bulging, get a trained professional to make the change. Battery acid under pressure is not to be messed with.

What brand of laptop do you have?

Actually - I am not a scare monger but... maybe you should even call the fire department. they have the gear to protect while the battery is removed and place in an appropriate container.

I'm serious - batteries don't bulge just because they're annoyed... they bulge because they're ready to explode!

Better yet, if the laptop is bulging, get a trained professional to make the change. Battery acid under pressure is not to be messed with.

What brand of laptop do you have?
Almost all modern laptops use lithium ion batteries - no acid. However, they can explode and burn. Certain models of Samsung phones are a recent example.

It's an Acer laptop with a non-user replaceable battery. I going to chuck this laptop and buy another.
I think the recent heatwave here also caused it to suddenly increase in size. I noticed it was beginning to bulge slightly several months ago.

It's an Acer laptop with a non-user replaceable battery. I going to chuck this laptop and buy another.
I think the recent heatwave here also caused it to suddenly increase in size. I noticed it was beginning to bulge slightly several months ago.

Excellent....
Eveyone has different views but, we have been using Dell laptops for years.. Last we bought were $499, 3 years ago.. Jeannie and I really like them..

Ross

AWKKK! I have an Acer! Just bought it a while ago...

what do you mean "non-user replaceable battery" What is a non-user????

I cannot access my battery - it is sealed.

dragn, you need a tech person to replace the battery.

I've been typing away on my 3 1/2 year old Acer for an hour or two, with it propped on my lap. My lap gets warmer when a cat lays on it, so I'm not going to worry about my battery. Yet.

I decided to open the laptop and remove the swollen battery. It got to a point where the laptop began to split and crack in one corner. Now it works just fine plugged in without the internal battery. This laptop has always been sitting on my desk, plugged in at all times anyway so the battery was not important. The tumor is gone.

Back
Top Bottom