My Latest Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
This was a project I wanted to do with the kids. I ended up doing 98% of it alone, but it was fun anyway. You can see the rest of the series of these photos HERE Or see a slide show by Clicking Here.

Attachments

• 11 Crayon Fun May 5 2012.jpg
    11 Crayon Fun May 5 2012.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 05 Crayon Fun May 5 2012.jpg
    05 Crayon Fun May 5 2012.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 190
They lost patience before we even started. They helped me sort crayons for about 2 minutes and then were off doing other things. At least they had fun.

Dude, that is AWESOME! Great job, GB's! I saw the recent shots on the facespace, and was really impressed!

What glass where you using? Any external lighting?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It was a very fun project and I might do it again, but with other ideas.

Tatt, those were shot with my super wide angle lens. It is a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. I used various combinations of available light, bounce flash, and reflector.

Pretty much, yes. For just a very few small spots I used a tool (back of a spoon) to fill in some spots the wax would not drip onto for some reason. Those spots were smaller than a penny and probably about 10 of them. 99.999% was done just with the hairdryer.

What did you do with everything when you finished? Was it done on a painting canvas or just on art paper? Very cool!!

It was done on canvas and is now hanging on my wall.

Last night I went around the kitchen with a hairdryer and melted all the dots of wax that splattered everywhere.

It was done on canvas and is now hanging on my wall.

Last night I went around the kitchen with a hairdryer and melted all the dots of wax that splattered everywhere.

:LOL: Just one question....was your wife home?:LOL:

Kidding aside this is just gorgeous GB!! Did you think it up?

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it was someone else's brilliant idea. I got it from Springpad.com (which everyone here should join because we have a DC page... (Springpad: Smart Notebooks).

My wife is pretty used to coming home and seeing me to weird things like this. Her first taste of my craziness was when we had just moved in with each other. She came home to find me with every mirror in the house on top of our bed covered in food color and me with a camera hanging around my neck. She knew she was in trouble from that day on.

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it was someone else's brilliant idea. I got it from Springpad.com (which everyone here should join because we have a DC page... (Springpad: Smart Notebooks).

My wife is pretty used to coming home and seeing me to weird things like this. Her first taste of my craziness was when we had just moved in with each other. She came home to find me with every mirror in the house on top of our bed covered in food color and me with a camera hanging around my neck. She knew she was in trouble from that day on.

Holy bat guano you're made for each other. I'm not asking any more leading questions. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom