My lunch was stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooooooooooooh! Here's another decoy idea....make a sandwich, similar to the one they stole, and put about 2 Tbsp of salt in the middle - heh heh

Ex Lax cookies. Accompanied by apple juice that's been enhanced with ... well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. These suggestions courtesy of my husband, who solved a similar problem with a mysterious theiving dorm resident in college. :sick:

I hope you find out who did this to you GB - that stinks.

Maybe next time the lunch ferry will be watching.:)
:ROFLMAO: - sorry GB. Thats not right buddy.

I shouldn't say this but the person that did it, might do it again. This is what I did. I chopped bugs up and made a sandwich that looked normal and smelled normal, added a ton of hot hot pepper to it and then a fair share of Black pepper. Then I hoped they stoled it again, if finally happen, I made a little stink about it, then I laughed and told them what was really in it. My Lunch was never taken again! If I was you I would just tell them it had something nasty in it! :sick: :sick: :-p :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

You gotta be careful when leaving trap foods in the fridge at work. If it's obvious you're out to "get" somebody, there could be legal ramifications (Even though they're stealing YOUR lunch).

That's why I'm a big fan of the pepperhead approach. Not my fault they stole my 5 alarm habenero chili paste turkey sandwich. I happen to like hot foods...:angel:

John
(Who actually keeps a little cooler under his desk at work to avoid these situations)

Have to agree....make a sandwhich that they cant say you tainted! Make one that you can honestly say you like....

GB perhaps you could circulate an inter-office (not angry) memo to co-workers to make everyone aware the situation exists. Meanwhile, maybe there are other colleagues in the building that have a mini-fridge in their office, you could put your lunch in until the problem is resolved.

Last edited:
Great suggestions mish. I will see if someone has a mini fridge I can use although I am pretty sure it is against company policy to have those.

Memos have been circulated ad nauseum. This has been an ongoing problem ever sine I started here and my guess is that my office is not alone. There is a note on every fridge in our office reminding people to NOT take what is not theirs. That won't stop a thief. These people already know what they are doing is wrong. They will continue to do it anyway.

Another food thought. Do you have any catering trucks you see go by in your area? We had one on the lot that stopped off before 9 am, noon & 3 PM with everything from coffee, sammiches, pastries, yogurt, fruit, tacos. They're good in a pinch when you want a quick bite & can't get out. Maybe the other employees might like the idea, & you could call around & get details. Think the guy cleaned up & did so well he retired at about 40. Wish I would have thought of that idea. We also had people bringing baskets of sammiches & fruit for sale around lunch time.

My sister was complaining about this very problem to me the other day. She works in Cape Town, South Africa. In her office, not only do these thugs take the lunches, but they use the milk and coffee and sugar belonging to others AND they leave a big mess. It's obvious, itsn't it? An international ring of lunch thieves have been operating, undetected, for years. I think it's time to call Interpol.

Sandyj said:
It's obvious, itsn't it? An international ring of lunch thieves have been operating, undetected, for years. I think it's time to call Interpol.
LOL :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: I think I saw a story on this on 60 minutes last Sunday.

I use those little softsided coolers in my car to keep water cool. You may want to get one of those. They look almost like a little purse and really do work for quite a while, especially if something you put in is really cold. DH carries one in his golf bag for whatever he chooses to take. They aren't expensive either.

We have a bunch of those. The company actually gives them out when you are hired. Guess what...Those are stolen from peoples desk all the time :mad:

I heard that used to happen at my office years back (when I wasn't working here) and the person got caught and fired. It must have been pretty bad.

I would NEVER want to eat someone else's stuff. You never know what they put in it, or if they picked their nose before they handled their food. :sick: :LOL:

I am with you HTC. Who knows what they did to their food or what their kitchen is like. Maybe they has raw chicken on the counter and never washed it off then made this sandwich right on top of all that chicken goop. Maybe they let their cats walk on their counters and the cat licked the sandwich. Who knows what else. It is just plain gross.

Andy M. said:
GB:

I worked at Digital in Maynard for 5-6 years (Parker Street). I know well that parking is at a premium in the mill area.

I guess the thief had learned of your reputation in the culinary field and wanted a really good lunch.

Poor guy probably gets PBJ every day!

how long ago did you work there? did you ever work at apollo or hp?

STEALING LUNCH? Such weirdos. The only problem we have is lunches being left to become science experiments. I am guilty of that!:sick:

They make pure capsacian that comes in eye dropper bottles. A few drops of that and ....:w00t2:

Last edited:
jennyema said:
how long ago did you work there? did you ever work at apollo or hp?...

jennyema:

I worked at the Parker Street, Maynard location from 1986-1991 and at a small Marlborough location for a year before the big layoff. I never worked at either Apollo or HP (although Digital is now HP).

Back
Top Bottom