My New Computer is Finally Set Up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
My last computer died a slow and painful death (the hard drive went bad), so we went and bought a new computer, monitor, and printer for me a few days ago. James will take my old monitor, which is bigger than his 2nd one (he uses two monitors for CAD). My old printer was a pretty cheap model which never did work like it should, but someone will be able to get some use out of it. Okay, here is what I got:

HP Pavilion Elite HPE computer. It is a 6-core AMD Athlon and came with Windows 7.

Samsung 27-inch LED monitor.

And finally, a printer that apparently does everything but the cooking, an HP Photosmart eStation.

We actually got a pretty good deal on everything, and they threw in some free stuff, such as large cartridges of ink for both of our printers. The final financial blessing was when they rang it all up and found out something they didn't even know--the computer was marked down $300.

I am so excited! :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

Thanks! I read a thing once that was cute and I guess applies here. It said, "I have ADOS: Attention deficit... Ooh Shiny!" :LOL:

Thanks! I read a thing once that was cute and I guess applies here. It said, "I have ADOS: Attention deficit... Ooh Shiny!" :LOL:

Tony's computer died a horrid death about a year ago (and it literately went out screeching!) and he has been using my old lap top which doesn't adapt well to our wireless hub. He has been trying everything to fix the problem with no answers.

Well my sister and I gave him the answer on Friday. We gave him Dad's computer! Tony put the system together for Dad through one of his suppliers and it has the best of everything including a 27" LG monitor. Dad always talked about how his SIL was amazing with anything electronic and would tease Tony about spending all his (Dad's) money!

My dear sweet DH is totally beside himself. He has the speed, power, memory, storage space and everything else to do all the things he wants. He his even applying for an internal position at his company looking after all the mobile computers in the accessibility buses. When we sold the business I never thought I would see the day this passion would come back but it has thanks to this gift.

Enjoy your new toy Barbara, you really deserve it! I am glad you got a good deal! :)

Tony's computer died a horrid death about a year ago (and it literately went out screeching!) and he has been using my old lap top which doesn't adapt well to our wireless hub. He has been trying everything to fix the problem with no answers.

Well my sister and I gave him the answer on Friday. We gave him Dad's computer! Tony put the system together for Dad through one of his suppliers and it has the best of everything including a 27" LG monitor. Dad always talked about how his SIL was amazing with anything electronic and would tease Tony about spending all his (Dad's) money!

My dear sweet DH is totally beside himself. He has the speed, power, memory, storage space and everything else to do all the things he wants. He his even applying for an internal position at his company looking after all the mobile computers in the accessibility buses. When we sold the business I never thought I would see the day this passion would come back but it has thanks to this gift.

Enjoy your new toy Barbara, you really deserve it! I am glad you got a good deal! :)
That's great that Tony got your dad's computer! Sometimes a computer is more than just a computer. :cool:

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but I can tell you that we did not buy a pre-bundled package off the shelf. We didn't like the computers they had on the store, in fact, and ordered exactly what we wanted. We have both physically built computers before, but this was a good deal and we let them put it all together, according to our specifications. As far as setting it up at home, I could have done it, but James likes to do that kind of thing, so I let him.

That's great that Tony got your dad's computer! Sometimes a computer is more than just a computer. :cool:
I know that for you it is a lifeline and that is why I am so thrilled for you. And for James too because I know he would get as much enjoyment out of setting that up for you as Tony did for Dad.

Give each other a big hug from me! :)

I hope you enjoy it. Had to buy all new a couple of years ago, so know where you're at. Mine didn't slowly die, it crashed and burned to the point where I lost most of my files (own darned fault, no back-up). Luckily for us computer is basically communications and entertainment, not business. My frustration is that every time my computer gets more modern, I seem to be able to figure out how to do less on it. I used to love instant messaging with my sister and my nephew, but ..... can't seem to get it set up now. Used to be able to scan things and attach to emails, can't now. Heck, when I was gainfully employed, I used to to the set-up for my office. The last time I tried to replace my printer, the whole system crashed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom