My new job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
Many of you were there last Dec to give me words of encouragement when I was looking for a job and then more encouragement when I switched to my current job.
I just wanted to tell everyone Thank You!!!!
My current position is a podiatrist assistant, I have never done anything like this in my life and although the first couple of weeks were rough and I was not sure I was going to be able to do the job or like it, I love the job and even though it's taking a lot to learn all the medical codeing and how their computer system works I seem to be doing very well. The Drs have both told me I'm doing a very good job and the other assistant told me that the Dr called her into his office and told her he was impressed with me!!!! YAY for me. I'll tell you one thing that boosted my low self esteem a lot.
Anyway, Thank you to all who had kind and encourageing words for me, they gave me the boost to try even when I was scared I'd fail.

Oh congrats Mikki, I'm glad its working out!
No more overnights!!!!

nope no more overnights and I even have Fridays off too!!! 3 day weekends I love that!!!

I wasn't a member then, but you sound happy. Good for you. You do a better job when you like what you do, it's easier getting up in the morning, and those "atta boys" sometimes mean as much as the paycheck and sustain you.
Thanks for sharing.

OK - since BT's not here I'll do it:

Hey Mikki you're so fine ...you're so fine you blow my mind

Hey Mikki........Hey MIKKI!

:mrgreen:

Seriously...good job!!!! Sounds like it's a good fit!

ya see, all it took was getting your foot in the door, then stomping out the competition.

you could have gotten a job in a market, or you could have just stayed home. you could have worked in a deli slicing roast beef, or maybe none at all. but i will say that "we we we" are very proud of you.

finding a new job is a feat not easily accomplished...

cheerleader swinging poms for you!!!!
cheerleader.gif
I spend a few times a year with my podiatrist......I have a stupid bunion and the girls in his office are just wonderful.....I think that most Docs know that how their staff performs makes a huge difference to how their offices run..........so glad to hear that you are working out well and congratulations!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!!!!! I hope your new job gives you a challengen and that you enjoy it!

Thanks all, family is having a hard time getting use to me not being home early and having dinner ready(I get home at 5:30-6:00pm 2 nights a week), so I told them I've spent the last 18 years making sure everyone else was taken care of and now it's time for the rest of the family to step it up and make sure what they need done gets done.

Thanks all, family is having a hard time getting use to me not being home early and having dinner ready(I get home at 5:30-6:00pm 2 nights a week), so I told them I've spent the last 18 years making sure everyone else was taken care of and now it's time for the rest of the family to step it up and make sure what they need done gets done.

mikki - they'll either step up and help or eat PBJ, tomato sandwiches, or something just as easy. Maybe...would it help jump start them if you went to the grocery store and then set out recipes for them to go by so they get them "so far" before you got home? Don't forget to tell them when to start it too :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom