My new web site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
here is my new website. it is still under construction. But i want to know if the slide show works for all you guys.

LT's Stuff - Slide Show

I just need to make sure it works. It might take a moment or two to load it all depending on your internet speed. I made it to document all my projects and homework assignments for school. the home page is still in drafting stage so dont make fun, unless you want to. Feel free to leave a comment or two on the home page. You will see the guest book.

Thanx.

Looks good, i commented earlier.

I am looking to make one for my mothers side of the family.

Here is a pic I took of everyone

2386950618_f6e87cafd6.jpg

So, any ideas on how to manage a site like that would be great! I want something where each family can post pics., stories, recipes, etc.!

Let me know what I can do.

Thanks

Thats a big family NA, Your website would be awesome. I used to design webpages but i never got into it past the advanced stuff. You would need an upload option for the photo album. The photoalbum would then automatically configure the pictures into a table. The table will keep the photos lined up and all the same size. Face book is a good example of what a photo album is like. The recipe p[age would need to do the same thing. Whn they post a recipe, the page would configure the text into a premade template. I know there has to be some web designers on this forum. I know it can be done but its something comcasts site builder can not do at this point in time.

try this Nvu - The Complete Web Authoring System for Linux, Macintosh and Windows. its free and apparently is just as good as dreaweaver and front page. my boss loves it, but then again he is anti microsoft.

Yeha i need to make the music somehow optional. Looks as if i need to make a second link to one with no music.

Looks good, i commented earlier.

I am looking to make one for my mothers side of the family.

Here is a pic I took of everyone

2386950618_f6e87cafd6.jpg

So, any ideas on how to manage a site like that would be great! I want something where each family can post pics., stories, recipes, etc.!

Let me know what I can do.

Thanks

Hi, NAChef. I'm a Web site designer in my day job. If you have no experience with Web design, I think the best thing to do is to start a blog at Wordpress.com. Here's a page describing the features: Features « WordPress.com

They recently upgraded the software to include an integrated photo album. HTH.

Last edited:
Another way to do that is to put a visible audio player on the page, with the music off by default. The player would include a Play button that visitors could click if they want to listen to the music. HTH.

thats what i have been trying to figure out, but comcast photoshow deluxe software does not publish a embeded player. i would have to either find a premade one or design mine in PS7 and code it my self ( no time).

Thats how my slide show was made. I used photoshow deluxe from comcast and i used their export function to export as HTML. I wish i knew how to create a template and theme as good as the one i have my self. I never got that far in web design. Only my CIW. I would love to learn to make a entire page in photoshop 7 and then make it come to life, but i dont know how to do that.

Yeah, lovely site, very cute little girl and it did take quite a while to load. I went away and forgot about it and then heard this booming country music from somewhere!! Gave me quite a fright. A mute button would be ideal if you can work it out. Another suggestion would be not to have any slide show lasting longer than one song. Break them into smaller shows. Keeps people's interest better but it does depend on the audience, eg your family wouldn't worry how many songs were back to back for that particular slide show but if it was a slideshow that didn't have their interests at heart, it maybe another matter.

But you can still do more than I so Congratulations!!

Yes, the download was way too long. Way more than a moment or two. Had me wondering just what I was downloading. One minute five seconds. Afterwards I went to Speedtest.Net to make sure my connection was still 'high speed', my cable tested out 5~6 mps with a peak of 6.9.

Cute kid, slide show got boring real quickly because of, effectively, only one subject. I'm guessing even a Grandma would find it a bit redundant.

But, yes, it does work.

One way to do your photos is to link them to another photo sharing site. That way you can group your photos into sections and the viewer can look at what they want to.

I was told by a friend a few weeks back to make a "Best of" photo booklet, that way people are not bored with the typical "Vacation Photo Album" that shows EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! haha it is a good idea though.

A while back I made a Yahoo 360 page which linked photos to my Flickr account. Never did anything with the page after that but I liked the idea to link it to my Flickr page.

Here is my flickr page with some photos in groups to the side. Flickr: Photos from StorminNorman

the slide show was made last summer. My cousin wanted me to take a lot of pics of her lil girl(the one in the show). i took a crap load of pics but i was bored at just looking at them. So i was offered photoshow deluxe for free from comcast and decided to do a trial run with it. This site is however still in its drafting stages. The slide show is a trial run. I had to learn how to use the software, so pretty much you guys were my lil hamsters and lab rats. LOL. Your feed back is important because thats what will help finish my final.

Thanx, until next time

PEace

Any one know how to embed a player into the slide show. Bare in mind that the show has all ready been exported into HTML from the software, so i will have to edit the html file and add what ever is needed?

thanx

Any one know how to embed a player into the slide show. Bare in mind that the show has all ready been exported into HTML from the software, so i will have to edit the html file and add what ever is needed?

thanx

Hey, LT. I included a link for that in my earlier post.

Hmm, the only problem with that HTML code is that it links to an .xspf playlist. My movie is just flash, unless .xspf is flash.

Back
Top Bottom