My preferred meal is...what is yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodi

Senior Cook
prosciutto with melon
roasted leg of lamb
roasted potatoes
green salad
tiramisu
and to whash it all down....a Pinot Noir

Lots of fresh seafood with accompanying sauces and salads. Lots of picky food - I love grazing. Innovative dishes grab me too. And must have variety!

Not huge on desserts but love to have sorbets with some fresh fruit.

And to wash it all down - lots of very cold water on ice, some bubbly and a non-alcoholic mocktail like a strawberry daiquiri.

The one that sets before me at the time :LOL:
My taste varies too much to narrow it down to even a food group!

I cannot, simply cannot.

I think of starting with scallops, but then my mind will come up with a soup or hummus.

Then I imagine foie gras, or mussels mueniere or shrimp or crab meat cocktail.

A lovely country pate, maybe sone quail, oh yes, lobsters maybe made ala Americaine on angel hair pasta, or a .......

And that is for starters. Or I might consider just tapas.

And that is only for starters.

No, I cannot choose a favorite meal. All I can tell you is that if I could it would not contain cauliflower.

I like many different meals, but my all time favorite comfort food -
Fried chicken
Mashed potatoes/gravy
peas
fresh warm bread

Wow...Thats a tough question for Miss Dodi.

Lots of seafood, both fish and shellfish prepared in various ways. Maybe a light delicate sauce or two. Sides wouldn't be to important.
To wash it all down a nice 2007 Water with Lemon!!

The only way I could be forced to choose is if it were going to be my last day on Earth. If it was, I'd be very hard pressed to choose a favorite meal based on what I liked best, as I adore so many kinds of foods. Rather, I'd have to base my choice on the rarity of the food. So I think I would choose a meal of wild brook trout, from the Canadian streams emptying into Lake Superior, dredged in flour and pan fired in cooking oil. With that I would want a creamy soup made with morrel mushrooms, riced potatoes with black truffle shaved over the top and sweet-cream butter, perfectly seasoned bread dressing with turkey giblets and chestnuts, breaded and deep fried squid rings, a small chunk of seared, rare tuna, a mall chunk of prime, aged, rib steak, bone on, and for desert, creamy New York cheesecake, topped with wild Michigan Blueberry preserves.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

This would have to be enjoyed in company with my family.

Yep the choice is hard

I can see that Goodweed of the north as a great appetite for life!

And just for uncle Bob I have posted on, "fish and seafood" a recipe that I adore

Mine is quite seasonal. Right now yours sounds awesome. ( But so does a whole stuffed roasted salmon! )

I'm with the others that say whatever is the mood at the time. There are too many options at this point, and likely too many more I've yet to try! My preferences tend to go Southern to Southwestern, along with some fresh New England seafood. Also, being that it is in my blood, most anything Italian works too!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........might be time to go turn on FoodNetwork and take a look see if there is any inspiration on right now . . . . . .

fresh farm butter on freshly baked bread (still a little warm) with sliced roast beef and home made horseradish and plenty of salt.

with a pint of best Ale to swill it down with.

Hi, I'm Goodweed's daughter. I suppose you could call me wildflower. He asked me to post to this thread.
This is not an easy decision to make but I think I would have to start with a salad with dark leafy greens like spinach and oak leaf lettuce and red leaf lettuce. Then throw in some fresh grape tomatoes, diced avocado, cucumber, and toasted almonds. Add some mandarin oranges and cranberries and toss with a little olive oil and cider vinegar.
Next I think I would want fillet of orange roughy (sp?) lightly fried with onion and buttered brown and wild rice seasoned with garlic and chives.
Then a nice thick cut rib-eye, medium rare seasoned lightly with oregano, grilled on the barbecue and topped with sautéed chantrelles (sp?). Ahi and serrano pepper kabobs sprinkled with lime and cilantro and fresh, uncooked cherry tomatoes.
A light seafood broth with celery, water chestnuts and chunks of lightly cooked scallops and lobster claw meat.
Finish it with a slice of hot cinnamon pear crisp topped with creamy vanilla ice cream.
Wash it all down with a large glass of milk.
My dad says I make some sort of yummy noise when I think about good food but I've never noticed this and he doesn't know how to translate it to script so use your imagination.
Later folks.

--------------------------------------------------------
Today I learned in class that the derivative of a pointer is 0!

Hi Goodweed's daughter.

Glad to hear from you and get some great ideas. Your dad is well loved and respected around here, and I'm sure you are a lovely person, as well.

CHOCOLATE, anything covered in CHOCOLATE, and more CHOCOLATE!!! Oh, and maybe a medium rare rib-eye(sans CHOCOLATE).

It's a very difficult decision. I have to say that the most I could narrow it down to would have to be seafood. I love it, and where I live I can't get it:(

Even when in season, the fish around here can be dicey. There's a pretty good amount of time when we can get Atlantic salmon that's acceptable, but even then, it's usually been frozen first.

If I had to choose a last meal it would be a grand seafood feast. Start out with a selection of sashimi, and maybe some tempura soft-shell crab, also some toro. And then I don't know where to begin... crab, lobster, halibut, seared rare tuna, some really really fresh salmon, sea bass, pub-style beer-battered fish sandwich with chips, seared scallops, snapper, some actually good quality shrimp. And some good shark. I haven't had good shark in forever. I'd love to try skate and real sole, and turbot.

Of course alongside that feast I'd want my other feel-good favorites... turkey manhattan, a nice rib-eye, a great cheeseburger, BBQ pork chops, stuffing, one last spicy pulled-pork burrito from a favorite mexican restaurant, and maybe a really good bowl of pasta.

So many things, really.

Back
Top Bottom