My sweet dog Kasey died today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
She was 11 years old. She was the kind of dog that never showed pain and she fought the breast cancer valiantly!!
She never whimpered in pain. She waited until we got home, went outside with my youngest son, who she has slept with for about 10 years, and took her last breath.
Even when she had her puppies, she was having trouble and I had to end up cutting her myself because Rebel's foot was hung and she never whimpered, just let me do it. She had two puppies, the only other one died from being in the womb too long so we kept Rebel. He's already said goodbye. He went out and sat and cried with me. She was such a good girl all her life. She was an Australian/Lab mix.
I'm glad that she isn't suffering any longer. I was going to call the vet tomorrow and have her put down.

Thanks for letting me let it out.:neutral:

Attachments

• kasey.jpg
    kasey.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 220
Thank you for sharing this with us Texasgirl. I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a really good girl. She was just beautiful.

Barbara

She looks like such a sweetheart! I am so very sorry TG! Let me know if you need to talk.

I had three dogs in my life, and after the last one I just said enough. I can't do it anymore. I'm sorry you had to go thru this. I know how you feel.

Thank you everyone. She really was a sweet dog and very protective of the boys all her life!

Charlie D, you see, I'm a real sucker for dogs.:) I have 5 others. One that's 13 has had a stroke, but, still jumping around like an idiot:) One that is 8, one that is 6 and two are 2. I only had 2 dogs growing and I guess I'm making up for it now. If I could, I would take every dog I see dumped out here. For the love that these animals give, I will gladly go through the rough time of them dying. I'm glad that she didn't die alone.
I know a lot of people that have had a pet for so long and not be able to take seeing it again, and there is nothing wrong with that. It just shows how much you cared and loved them and don't want to see another one go through and break your heart, but, like I said,I'm a real sucker for them :) It doesn't mean I don't care, I just don't know life without them:mrgreen:

texasgirl, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My dog Snowy, an American Eskimo, died about 2 months ago. The vet broke her back while pulling a few teeth. I had her for close to 12 years and loved her so much that my ex and future wife used to joke that she wanted to be reincarnated as my dog.

I didn't really plan on getting another dog this quick, but I started volunteering at the SPCA and they had a male American Eskimo who I just fell in love with. By coincidence his name also was Snow.

I can tell how much you love your dogs, the 5 who are still with you are very lucky to have such a wonderful momma.

TG:

I'm saddened by your loss. It's so easy to get attached to your dog and it hits you so hard when they're gone.

You have just brought me back to the day we lost our sweet lasa, Malia. I have lost two "babies" in my lifetime and I still cry for them. I'm so sorry.

img_195878_0_47a02c7505d3ed6f1f17265d3508b366.jpg

I do love them all!
My husband says that when he is gone and I'm alone, except for the 50 or so dogs, and old, the neighborhood kids are going to call me the dog lady:LOL:

Sorry to hear that. Putting down an animal can be very difficult. Especially with a deep unspoken relationship as you describe. I hope you cherish the memories with her and enjoy the forthcoming time with Rebel.

texasgirl, my heart is breaking for you. Virtual hug for you and I am sharing your tears tonight. She sounds like a wonderful friend, I'm glad she isn't in pain anymore.

Raimbow Bridge

So sorry for you.... I hope this helps a bit...

Just this side of Heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to The Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...

from http://www.pet-loss-rainbow-bridge-candles.com/the_story_of_the_rainbow_bridge.shtml

tex, my heart hurts with you...i love my furry kids and lose a bit of myself when i lose one of them. :(

I'm very sorry to hear about that tg. Our dog, Seijo, is only 4 but it will be a sad sad day when she leaves us. She is such a part of our family and I'm sure you felt the same way about yours. She looks like a great and smart dog, I'm sure she gave you years of joy and will be missed dearly.

oh texas i'm so so very sorry for your loss. it's very hard losing a pet. they really are one of the family. i still mourn for the animals i've lost over my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom