Name Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
When I was growing up, my dad played the accordion (or any other keyboard instrument). My sisters and I each had a song. Mine was "Good-night Irene" (my middle name) and later, of course, there was a claire song. A sister was oh, Marie. another sister was I dream of Jeanie with the light brown hair (and yes, sis does). And my youngest sister was Michelle, ma belle. As the family grew a few others came along who had songs.

Today I found myself singing to my dog (yes, that is a norm for me)(I didn't realize that I even do that until a neighbor told me she heard me singing one early morning! Ouch!). I was singing, Rosebud, oh Rosebud, Rosebud don't let me down, write me a letter soon and I'll be home-ward bound. Then I was driving myslef crazy trying to remember what woman's name it was. Cindy. I have a dear friend named Cindy.

I tried once to make a tape of all the names in my family. It was fun, but unfortunately I couldn't find songs for some of the kids.

Do you have a name song?

My Dad used to sing "Goodnight Irene" to my mother (It was her middle name). He also sang "I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen" to me.

Guess what my name is?

Back
Top Bottom