Name that food...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use product websites to get ingredient lists. I don't have much of the stuff at home I've been posting.

Ditto. Its too tough to rely on your pantry sometimes. And it can be waaaay easier to c&p a list from the internet.

I'm leaving for work in 10 minutes, and this is the place with no computer access. So, I won't be online til late this afternoon to check the answers here so please be patient.

Marango? Never heard of that. We call it "quicky cacciatore". You're up Andy, I'll catch you guys later.

Salt Pork in one piece
Canola Oil, plus more
Chuck Roast, boneless
S&P
Carrots
Onion
Thyme, dry,
Bay Leaf
Parsley Stems
Garlic
Large Tomato
Pinot Noir
Beef Stock
White Onions
Butter
Sugar
Pinch Salt
Beef Stock
Button Mushrooms
Flour
Butter
S&P
Pinot Noir
Parsley

Water
soy protein concentrate
reduced fat cheddar cheese
wheat gluten
salt
natural flavor
dried onion
modified cellulose
caramel color
sesame oil
garlic powder
safflower oil

I use product websites to get ingredient lists. I don't have much of the stuff at home I've been posting.

So are you saying you do a reverse google? Instead of trying to find an answer you look for the questions? (I think there is a game show you might be good at - has a Canadian host too! ;))

So are you saying you do a reverse google? Instead of trying to find an answer you look for the questions? (I think there is a game show you might be good at - has a Canadian host too! ;))

I'll take Food and Drink for $2,000, Alex.

I don't do a reverse google. I think of a product then go look up its ingredients.

Good lord are you serious? No wonder you folks in the US are grumpy about Cheez Whiz and Velveeta. BARF!

Isn't "soy protein concentrate" tofu? I've got no clue on this one.

...and "modified cellulose" is sawdust - a common ingredient in shredded cheese.

Last edited:
...and "modified cellulose" is sawdust - a common ingredient in shredded cheese.

Oh so gross! REALLY??? I thought modified cellulose was dried vegetable matter. OK, I guess thats what sawdust essentially is, but blech. Sorry jennyema, back to guessing.

How about reduced fat cheese slices?

Back
Top Bottom